They Fell to See

Etho set out of the brush, heading towards Flamis, the obviously named city of Flame.

He used the magic of Gust to propel himself forwards a little more quickly, having to cover so much uninhabited earth.

He heard from some hunters that there was a ferry coming to the city, and he would be able to get on.

He arrived in the city, and saw the boat tied up at the dock.

Etho set in its direction, but was stopped by a cloaked figure.

This figure was Phoenix. He knew him well.

"Hey Etho!" Phoenix waved.

"Hello, Phoenix," Etho responded with a wave of his own. "I see the ferry's here."

"Yup, I was thinking of getting on, whadd'ya say?" The cloaked fireskin tilted his head, and smiled with his kind, empty eyes.

"Yeah, I heard from some hunters, I think Scar and Shelby, that the ferry would be coming soon." Etho responded to the fireskin.

"Well, do you wanna get on?" Phoenix asked.

"Sure, it'd be fun."

The two of them headed towards the ship, and boarded it. A couple people boarded after them, and the PA system announced their departure.

"The entry bridge is now closed. The ship will be leaving shortly. Please do not lean on the railing." The voice rang out of the loudspeakers.

"Or kill anybody, that would be bad." A new voice came on.

The original voice sighed, and continued. "Our next destination is Guston."

Etho and Phoenix sat down on a bench.

"How are they even gonna get to Guston?" Phoenix asked. "The whole city's in the sky!"

"There is an area serving as a seaport," Etho answered. "Pretty long path to get there, though. Practically no one goes to the dock."

"Huh. Have you been to Guston?"

"I was born there," Etho had been there, but not for long. "I ended up falling off the side of the mountain, and ended up here."

"That's... I didn't know that." Phoenix shook his hood off of his head.

"Not many people do."

They were just about to finish their conversation when a new voice appeared. Etho recognized it as the voice from the PA system that told them not to commit murder.

"Hello people! Are you having a good time on the boat?" Etho turned around to face the facetious voice. "My name's Tubbo! I'm one of the captains on this ship."

"Hello, Tubbo." Phoenix waved. "And, uhm, the rides been fine." He smiled at the captain.

"Alright! Glad you're having a good time!" Tubbo started off. "I'm gonna go back to the quarterdeck before Ranboo yells at me."

"Bye!" Etho gave farewell to Tubbo.

Etho and Phoenix started talking to fill up the time. It would take about three hours for the ferry to get to Guston, and the two of them didn't rather like long expanses of silence.

Phoenix told Etho about Grian's continued shenanigans, such as reversing Impulse's arrows, or replacing False's spear tips with salt.

"How did he even get salt in the first place?" Salt was extraordinary rare, only ever being sold in Winston.

Phoenix shrugged. "I don't even know where he came from! He just appeared one day!"

"Kinda like me, eh?" Etho smirked.