five

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

THE FOLLOWING DAY, the boys began their training and Valeria had went to trend to Nightshade, she had heard that there was a commotion that had gotten Ser Strong taken away from his position after his fight with Ser Criston Cole, she had felt bad for her brothers knowing the truth of their situation. Of course, she hadn't told anyone she'd known, she'd only heard the whispers that the Queen of Green's had spread.

She had made it to their Mother's chambers and comforted Jacaerys who called them all bastards. She tried to tell him that he wasn't, but he got up and stormed away, Valeria knew she'd have to leave him to his thoughts for the time being, yet she couldn't help but wonder who her real Father was, she looked more Targaryen than Velaryon people who whisper behind her back.

Though, by the time she could discuss it with her Mother who'd been very busy after dinner, it was time for bed. She went into her chambers, she felt as though something was going to happen to night, her skin felt sore, and she had asked a maid to bring a balm so that she could perhaps batter it on her arms. She had thanked her guards when the maids had left it with them to tend to the Queen, Valeria had put it on her arms and sighed as it felt nice and cool against her scorching skin.

She went over to her lanterns and blew out the flame while climbing onto her bed, cuddling up to her big fluffy pillows and shut her eyes once more which seemed to be some sort of a routine for her now. But instead of a silent sleep, her dreams were filled of flames, she saw what looked to be herself raising from the fire unburnt, she could hear her dragon screeching, but again she lay down in the flames and slept. This caused Valeria to open her eyes, she could see that it was already day time, she'd slept a little longer than she would have liked to.

After she got dressed, she went to find Helaena who was looking at her dazed, "want to go to Wierwood, again?" She asks, "I could really do with a distraction." She added, Helaena seemed to nod and join their arms together – making their way down out the castle and towards the tree. But as they got there, screams had suddenly started up, and the yells of fire began. Valeria could feel something pulling her in the direction of it, she pulled her Aunt with her as they made their way down to the dragon pit, and what they saw was a surprise for the both of them.

She saw Jacaerys, Aemond and Aegon calling Lucerys name from the small house that the fire kept rising from within. The small house was where the trainers originally kept the cleaning supplies for the dragons, and she always did see Luke go in there and grab a few things for them, but how the hell was it on fire? She wondered to herself, she shouts over causing heads to snap towards her, Jace was panicking claiming that their little brother was still inside, claiming they accidentally dropped a lantern that was hanging down.

"one becomes bound to the flames for them to entwine together." Helaena mutters to herself as she stares on.

Valeria ignores her mutters, and runs passed the guards and the trainers, ignoring screams of her name as she enters the burning building. The whole thing had fire spreading everywhere, she could that there was a fallen lantern on the ground and like Jace had said it was truly an accident. She spotted her brother in the corner with his eyes shut and tears running down his cheeks as he coughed, "Lucerys!" She shouts rushing over to him, dodging the fire as it spat at her, she grabbed him and held him tightly.

"Valeria, I know what it looks like, but it was an accident I swear! I tripped and was supposed to grab Jace, but I grabbed the lantern instead!" He shouts hugging her tightly, he didn't mean to mess up everything and get them killed. He was too busy in his thoughts and snaps out of it when he heard his name being called.

"Lucerys, come on, let us go before it gets worse!" She shouts shoving her brother, pushing him ahead of her. She pushed him towards the exit, and felt relived that he was free, but she yelped when the fire blocked her way from getting out.

Valeria shook her head and looked for another way out, there was one and she did try, but a piece of the wood plank that holds this place together snapped in half and fell in front of it causing fire to invade it. Valeria was stuck, she could hear her family all shouting her name, and her heart ached hearing her Mother's cries, she peeked through the fire and spotted guards trying to throw water, but the fire was too strong. She watched as the fire caught up to her and blocked her from leaving, she fell to her knees and shut her eyes. This was it. But her eyes slowly opened as she felt warmth press up against her, it felt nice? She felt herself melt within the fire, but she wasn't burning, and she wasn't screaming, she was smiling and shut her eyes again, letting herself become one with the flame.

Valeria once again felt herself awaken, she looked around herself and saw that she was covered in soot and charcoal, the whole building had fell and there was nothing left of it. The once beautiful summer sky had now turned white and filled with smoke, and again cries; cries of her Mother and her brothers were heard. She wanted to reach for them and tell them that she was alright, that she was here. She felt dazed, but she felt herself moving – walking, she moved towards them, she felt as though she was in a bubble, hearing faded gasps of people.

"She's alive!" She sworn she heard, cries had stopped and now was silent. She felt a breeze coming her making her shiver, but she shuts her eyes to blink away the brightness before she looked up before them all. Her once violet eyes were now as gold as the flames were, and the last thing she'd seen were everyone looking at her with widened eyes before she suddenly collapsed and fell to her knees.

━━━━━━
ooooooooohhhh!
finally this book is finally coming
together! hope you like it!

appreciate all the comments! I'm not deleting
the book, I meant that I had deleted it and was editing it because I didn't feel like I did best with it! but again, thank you!

thanks for reading! x

vote, comment & follow!
<3