seven

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

THE NEXT DAY, VALERIA HAD WOKEN from her slumber to find her Mother absent from besides her, the curtains were open and the sunlight shined through the window. She pushed herself and propped her pillows up so she could sit, she glanced at the chamber doors, she was already missing the presence of her menacing brothers and her three favourite companions. Though, as her mind wandered to them her hand touched her cheek, she shivered at the feeling of the scales, they felt soft – like the skin of her cheeks.

She frowns as her eyes started stinging, she wasn't sure when she started to cry, but her mind wandered to how people would treat her now. She was going to be dehumanised, she just knew it. People judged others if you weren't the same, if you didn't look the same. She'd been through that, she knew she was a bastard and she knew her real Father was her Mother's Uncle; Daemon Targaryen. She'd heard it from one of the Queen's maids, but she didn't truly let it bother her as the only man she calls her Father is Laenor Velaryon.

Valeria jumped in fright when she heard the doors to her Mother's chambers close, she snapped her head up and saw her Grandfather. Now, as she thought of it, her Grandfather must know who her real Father was as he always treated her differently than her own brothers; it wasn't a bad different, but he made jokes with her. Perhaps, whenever he'd be with her, he would think of his brother who'd been exiled, and would at times call her Aemma, but she didn't mind as she felt the honour of looking like her late Grandmother. "Grandfather," she tenderly smiles.

"My dear dragon," he softly began as he hobbled over to the side of the bed. "I did not see you at breakfast this morrow, and I was wondering if you were feeling better."

"I am actually feeling much better, I feel stronger than normal." She dotted, but kept it to herself, she already knew why she was stronger than normal, "I just don't want everyone to stare. I do not look like myself, and I am now very very different, people talk." She says shrugging her shoulders casting him a sad glance.

"I will have their tongues." He mutters lowly, "anyone treats you differently I will have their heads as well. Yes, I understand they will stare, and I shall be honest with you, I stared too for the first time and I was enamoured by your presence. It is an absolute honour to have a Dragonborn in my house and to see one while I am alive, I am grateful." He says proudly while smiling at her.

"Thank you, Grandfather, that makes me feel a little better." Her golden hues look at his violet ones, "I just do not want them to look at me as if I am a monster. I mean what if I loose control and eventually turn into one? If I am half-dragon now, I will need to get better and train my senses." She wrinkles her nose, and looks up once again as he drops his hand gently on her shoulder.