eight

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

IT WAS ALMOST NIGHT WHEN VALERIA had gotten off of her dragon, she thanked the dragon keepers who were taking Nightshade away before pulling up her hood and clutching the cloak tightly. She began to make her way back through the keep, she saw a guard awaiting for her patiently, he bows to her before following after her. He led her safely back through the castle halls and through into the dining room where everyone seemed to be – it seemed not everyone was excited to be there by the looks on the adults faces; except Viserys, he seemed happy for everyone to be there, even if they were split from one another, and his face brightened even more when he saw his favourite Grandchild enter through the doors.

"Ah, Valeria, so nice to see that you could join us." He calls out to her causing many heads to turn and stare, Valeria nervously tugged on her cloak and went to sit down next to her Mother who patted the chair next to her.

She noticed the sad look on Helaena's face as she dismissed the seat next to her Aunt, she wanted to so badly tell the three of them, but she didn't know how they would act. She didn't want them to be scared of her or think that she was a freak.

Everything was quiet for a while as everyone began to eat their meal, Valeria picked at her food, she was too hungry to be honest, she only came because her Grandfather asked her to earlier that afternoon. She looked up a few times and glance at Aemond to find he was already watching her, same with his siblings.

"I am not sure if it's appropriate to wear a hood at the table," Alicent says causing Rhaenyra to glance at her. "It wouldn't be a problem if she would remove it would it?" She questioned her once best friend who glares at her along with Laenor.

Viserys was oblivious to what was happening around him as he stared happily at Valeria who was glancing at the Queen back to her Mother from under the hood. "I think you would rather I keep the hood on, your Grace," everyone looked at her. "If I take it off you will be begging me to put it back on, I assure you." Her hand clenched around her cutlery, the room felt tense and she hated that.

Alicent opened her mouth to speak, but Rhaenyra cut in, "if she does not want to she does not have to."

"I was not meaning to offend anyone," Alicent clenched her jaw. "I was only stating that it is rude just like how we do not allow weapons on the table."

"Well," Rhaenyra puts her hands out in front of her, "if my daughter does not want to take cloak off, she does not have to."

Valeria and Viserys shared a look with one another before the man cleared his throat loudly and interjecting on the matter. "Let it go, Alicent." He grumbles as he began to eat his meal and even tried to change the subject, but the Queen stared down the young Princess who she normally saw sitting under the weirwood tree with her own daughter; just like what she used to do with Rhaenyra and gave her a fake smile, "my apologies. I was merely just suggesting," she says watching Rhaenyra with a hard glare.