ten

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

VALERIA STOOD AT LAENOR'S SIDE HOLDING his hand as Laena Velaryon's coffin was about to be pushed into the water. Her eyes were glaring at Vaemond Velaryon who stood making subtle gesturing comments about she and her brothers, and she couldn't help but notice that Daemon; her real father was glancing at her as she hid underneath her black veil.

She heard Daemon laugh taking Vaemond's attention from her Mother and brothers causing her to slightly smile in respect towards him. She eventually lay her head upon Laenor's arm and just watched as the coffin that lay her Aunt Laena's ashes fall off of the rock and into the water.

They all stood there in respect towards the woman, everyone was silent and Valeria glanced up at her Father before her Mother pulled her along to the small mourning gathering of family members away from her Father who clearly needed time to think.

Valeria smiles as she saw Aegon, Helaena and Aemond gathered around together in a small area, Helaena seemed to be playing with her bugs again as her two brothers watched. Valeria thought nothing of it and quietly stalks over to them, "we have nothing in common." She heard Aegon scoff as he drank his cup of wine.

"She's our sister." Aemond replies back as his eyes strained on Helaena, Valeria was a little confused on what they were talking about.

She watched Aegon turn to Aemond with a disgruntled look, "you marry her then." She stops fully, her eyes were widened. Helaena and Aegon...we're getting married?

"I would perform my duty," Aemond replies back, "if Mother had only betrothed us." Valeria felt as though her heard had shattered but she didn't know why, "but I have someone else on my mind."

Aegon again scoffs, "so do I. Though, Mother would not allow me too, even after I threw away my dignity and begged."

"I am pretty sure Helaena does not want to marry you either," Aemond mutters. "She wants to marry the same person we do," he says sharing a glance to Aegon who raised a brow.

"It is funny how Mother hates Targaryen customs yet here she is betrothing me to my own sister." Aegon grumbles as he looked at his now empty wine cup, "hypocrisy if you ask me."

"She just does not want to marry us to, you know because of Rhaenyra and Viserys." The smaller brother says as Aegon soon turns away grabbing another cup from the servant.

"I know," he says to Aemond.

Valeria snaps out of her stupid little phase and begins to quickly walk off, she leaves them behind unable to speak as she licks her dry lips. She ends up seeing her Grandfather and her real Father talking, she makes her way over carefully and watches as her Grandfather smiles at her, "ah, brother, this is Valeria, our first ever dragonborn!" He pronounced proudly as he lay a hand on her shoulder.