[SHORT] Shattered pt.2

The reason why I have to take this longer than it take? Cuz I was focusing on Sonic's point of view without noticing it, then I had to delete the words(Dr. Babbles, rusy rose, etc) entirely because I felt like your being left out.

I'll try to focus more on the readers because this is a reader insert.

_______________________________________________

SHATTERED

PART 2(?)

_______________________________________________

"[Name]! Just at least drink a cup of tea, please?" You stop scribbling random notes on your notepad as soon as you hear a cheery voice coming off from your left, looking at Amy who held a brewing and steaming tea, supporting it with her both hands, she smiles when her own voice managed to catch your attention. She nudges it slightly towards at you to take it, but you lightly push it away while shaking your head, declining such a kind offer.

"No thanks, Amy, I'm not thirsty." The pinkie sighs at your response giving up and putting down the cup of tea at her side, but nonetheless, she was quite happy you accepted her invitation for a picnic. She sighs again but loudly this time just to prove her frustrations, bullets of sweat ran down your muzzle, not knowing how to say anything but glance at your surroundings.

You two were underneath a palm tree, with pretty flowers swaying smoothly from the wind, clouds was covering the sky to apply more aesthetics dramatically. Red and white picnic blanket laying on the floor for the both of you to sit on, with a basket full of sweet pastries and dessert and also your favorite food as well... Feigning a cough, you finally let your words out, "With Sonic didn't have time to spend with you, I get to keep you company, right?" You chuckled a bit by her silence as she stared longingly at you with her mouth agape, but you didn't make an eye contact and instead look off at the distance with a graceful smile. You can sense her breaking down on her flabbergasted expression and looked down on her lower half, then a big smile replaced her grumpy face.

"You're right, actually..." She raised her chin up to look off the beautiful horizon with you, ignoring the sound of small waves from the ocean as flickies chirping in the background. Amy sighs for whatever reason; that is she's very lucky to have a best friend like you by her side.  

_______________________________________________

It seems like time has been flying so fast, because here we are. Sonic was left standing, trying to think of something to cheer Tails- I mean Nine. Who is sitting down the metal floor, with his robot tails sulking down with a sadden look. He's looking away from the hedgehog, not wanting to look weak but failed miserably, he deeply much regretted by telling his whole story to a person he barely even knew. Sonic hummed silently, with a finger under his chin and tapping the ground with his shoes repeatedly, making a clicking sound as he does it.

Basically, Sonic went all the suffering and had to face this city alone. First, he was being chased by robots at the start. Two, he met a big baby Eggman to battle with, also escape from him and very much battered after the fight. Three, he managed to find his best buddy and was forced to fight him, he ended up refused. It continued on until 'Nine' gives up after Sonic saves him from the incoming train that was about to hit him hard, though, that doesn't mean he could trust the hedgehog.

Enough of that. The two continue to remain silent, not knowing what to say until Nine speaks up, looking a little hesitant because of the hint in his voice, slightly glancing at Sonic. "So.. so what else did we do?" Sonic stop his thoughts to look at him immediately after he heard Nine's voice, he was caught off guard for not expecting him to say that such thing. Sonic's conjoined eyes soften for a second, but it falters quickly when a smirk replaced his agape mouth. Setting his left arm on his hips as he replied back to him, "Well, first of all, you have the coolest plane." Nine looks confused, but this kinda pique his interest.

"I do?" Sonic nodded repeatedly, not trying to resist a grin on his face and continue on. "It's called the Tornado." He does weird motions from his hands. "And we fought and busted Eggman like, so many times, I've lost track." Sonic's sole shoe is glowing again. But the two ignored the sound of flickering as Nine stands up. A smile happen to appear on his lips.

"You mean the Chaos Council?"

"No, I mean Eggman."

"So, Mr. Doctor Eggman, then?" Nine squinted his eye at Sonic weirdly.

..

"Sure, sounds good."

Sonic then take a slow step forward at Nine, who backs away a little. "Look, we've had our share ups and downs, but when we stick together, we never lose." He leans closer to him with a graceful smile, he can still remember what they both did together. It makes him proud to see brother figure improving a lot. With that he puts his gloved hand on Nine's shoulder. "And when all's said and done, there's no better reward than sharing a chili dog with your best pal."

Sonic distance himself, his back faced away from Nine, slowly carried away as he rambles on. "And that's just the tip of the iceberg."

"We've got a lifetime of adventures-" Nine looks down on Sonic's shoe, he was hesitant to tell him, seeing that he's punching the air to imagine things and what he has been throughout his life. Sonic is full excitement making Nine invisibly sweatdrop...

"And memories together." He again approached Nine after he is done, having Nine the chance to tell him.

"Um... I-i think your shoes are smoldering..." He points down at the hedgehog's shoe, making Sonic look down. His jaw was open wide when the shoes began to form and smoke around. He takes a huge step back and sighs in annoyance.

"Of course, they are... What else can go wrong in this place?" And with that, he slumps down on the ground with a grumpy look, arms crossed on his chest. Nine groaned and rolled his eyes at the teenager's way of act.

"The only thing I despise more than people in my space is whiners." His mechanical tail pulled out a 'gun', he grabbed it by the handle in ease and pointed it directly at Sonic.

Sonic jumps back, hopping off from the ground and stepped backwards.

"Wait! I thought we just had a bonding moment!"

Nine smiles amusingly at Sonic, misunderstanding that he's gonna shoot him or probably thinking it's a tranquilizer. But really, it doesn't look like it...

"Stay still." He finished his two sentence, he pulls the trigger. A cyan color flashing on Sonic's body is basically scanning him head to toe. After the scanning is complete, a screen pop up to see Sonic's status on Nine's gadget. Nine setting up his fingers under his chin in thoughts.

"Curious. There's low-level energy throughout your entire body, but possibly a regulator could..." Shaking his head, his mechanical tails activated and hoisted him up from the ground to support his body, he walks pass Sonic as clinking sound made from his mechanic tails goes up to volume in the hedgehog's ears.

"Follow me." He says at Sonic without taking a single glance at him, making the blue frowns in confusion. But, nonetheless, he followed him afterwards.

_______________________________________________

Sorry that this is not what you are expecting! I was unmotivated and have nothing to do than making you guys wait, I swear I'll make it up to you by posting more chapters. This is a promise!