chapter 1-2

Hall of Mirrors

Yuu, Deuce, Ace and Grim all walked up to the Heartslabyul mirror. You looked at it skeptically, raising a brow.
'how tf do you enter this thing?'

You stare ahead as Deuce went through, Ace following closely behind. Huh, guess just go through? You hesitantly walked through the mirror with Grim being seated on your shoulder, who was EXTREMELY HEAVY to say the least. The moment you stepped through, you could feel slight nausea and dizziness, stumbling over your steps as you lost your balance thanks to the dizziness combined with the heavy weight of Grim on your shoulder.

"Fu-funa?! What's with you suddenly, henchman?!" Grim said, yelping as he jumped off your shoulder and landed on all fours. You overlooked the henchman comment for now, as you steadied yourself and took in your surroundings.
Wow, is this a frickin' dorm?
You stared, dumbfounded at the expanse of the dormitory and the gardens and just everything.

"Whoa! This is gorgeous! It couldn't be more different from ours!" Grim gaped at the castle in front of you.
"Hey, ours is still a work in progress.." Yuu muttered, the amount of sheer difference making you a bit depressed. 'No' don't think that way. Yours is still in the beginnings of renovation. You mentally punched yourself as you and the duo progressed deeper into the dormitory.

Holy crap, a maze?! How big are these school grounds?!
"Crap, crap, gotta get these roses painted.." you turned towards the source of the new unfamiliar voice, seeing someone... Painting roses? Do they paint roses here as well?
"Oh, somebody is here." Grim spoke, levitating himself once more.

"Oh, watch out. Any paint splatters and my head is gone. ...Hm? Do you all need something?" The redhead said, turning to face you fully. He had a red diamond painted on his cheek below his eye.
"What are you doing with that?" Ace asked, staring incrediously at the roses and red paint.

"This? As you can see I'm painting the roses red." The stranger explained as if it was common sense. So they do paint the roses here as well. Hm... Well this place does strongly resemble the Queen's palace.. such strong sense of deja vu.
"Eh? Why would you?" Both Deuce and Ace were taken aback by this, their eyes blown wide with disbelief perhaps. Yuu however, stood calmy next to them without a hint of surprise on their face. Guess this dorm is like the Wonderland in their traditions.

"Your fresh reactions are so cute! Now that I take a good look at you, you're the freshmen that busted the 10,000,000 madol chandelier yesterday." The stranger cheerfully added in with a smile on his face.
"We're gonna hear about the chandelier until the day we graduate..." Ace said remorsefully, as if not expecting it to be talked about. How could it not be talked about honestly?
"And you're the one who added on more punishment by stealing the dorm leader's tart last night! I feel so lucky getting to meet the notorious newcomers first thing in the morning. Hey, hey, hey let's take a selfie! Yaay!" The stranger approached you all suddenly, wrapping an arm around Ace and Deuce while doing a peace sign when a bright flash suddenly invaded your vision. Damn, what the heck is this? I hate the stupid flash function on phones...

"Can I put this on magicam? Tell me your names so I can put you in the tags." He said as you tried to process what just happened in these couple seconds.
"I'm Deuce Spade."
"Ace."
"Grim and this is my hench-eeek!" Grim yelped as you tugged harshly on his tail. A tick mark could be visible on your forehead. "Yuu Rosemaine. Delighted to meet you, stranger." You introduced yourself with an easy smile on yourself.