1-6; Important Decisions

Previously...

.

.

.

"Grit your teeth, assholes!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"T-this guy is straight up mad! That wasn't just six hits! Liar!" Carbonara yelped, struggling to stand up from the ground, crawling away from Deuce and stumbling to get up. It was funny, honestly. "Let's get the hell outta here! I'm sorry to all the chickens!" The guy you still don't have a nickname for spoke with a fearful edge to his tone of voice. Both of them scrambled to run away.

"Apologise 100 times next time you eat eggs! Dumbasses!" Deuce yelled after them, punching a fist into his open palm. His expression was still quite wild and angry.

"Alright now, Deuce. Calm down. They're already gone." You spoke up softly and approached Deuce, putting a hand on his shoulder gently. He was breathing heavily, probably from the pent up range that he just exploded in. You could hear Grim whine behind you, sounding like a suppressed and quiet 'eek'. Deuce let out a couple more huffs and puffs, recollecting himself after his little outburst. "Ugh!" He choked out once he realised what he did.

"What's gotten into you?" Grim asked from your shoulders as he stared at Deuce with confusion. "I-I screwed up... I vowed that I'd definitely, definitely be an honours student this time..!" His voice sounded like it was full of regret and there also seemed to be a hint of desperation.

"Eh?"

"In middle school all I ever did was screw around..." Deuce began to speak, now with a much calmer tone of voice. You tilted your head and rubbed his shoulder, urging him to continue.

"I constantly skipped school and spent all my time getting into fights. I disrespected all my teachers, hung around sketchy upperclassmen and bleached my hair to death. Even ran around all over the place riding a magical wheel. I was a terrible person that went as far as to use magic to lord over those who couldn't." Now you weren't expecting that. Your eyes widened briefly. You weren't expecting Deuce to be your stereotypical middle school delinquent. Heck, you couldn't even imagine him with bleached hair. "Just now you went full bad boy on those guys!" Grim voiced his thoughts as he, too, was staring incredulously at Deuce.

"Well, that's one hard thing to imagine.." You mumbled as you kept staring at Deuce with a confused gaze.

"Then, one night... I saw my mom hiding away in tears as she called my grandma. 'Was the way I raised him wrong? Would it have been better if he had both parents?' She was wrong." Deuce's hands clenched into fists as he continued telling his story.

"Mom never did anything wrong. It was all me!" He exclaimed angrily. He looked angry at himself. You just rubbed comforting circles into his shoulder as you listened patiently.

"So when the carriage from Night Raven College came to get me my mom was so happy and I don't want to make her cry again. This time, I'm going to be an honours student my mom can be proud of." He spoke with a smile on his face, his tone of voice brightening ever so slightly before his smile fell into a scowl. "...Then I do this. Shit!" He cursed at himself. You looked at him with worried eyes. You felt Grim jump down from your shoulders and see him sit in front of Deuce as he looks up at him with a serious expression.

"But y'know... Does being an honours student mean you have to grin and bear everything? Those delinquents deserved another 10 punches if you ask me! You fought them off before I could, though." He grinned mischievously and put a paw up in the air. His tone of voice was serious, but at the same time playful. You chuckled at him and you stopped rubbing Deuce's shoulder, removing your hand to cross your arms instead.