Chapter 1

Wind blew against your face, your eyes scanning over your siblings. You had been riding for hours at this point, skipping breaks to keep time up. You rubbed your hand gently against your Ikran, the creature making a humming noise to your touch. The ride had been harsh on the way to the reef people, moody clouds raining over you and your siblings as you dodged lighting  from the sky. The worst thing about this flight was the unsure end. There was no promise that your family would be excepted into the water clan, your bodies adapting to the forest not the water. You didn't know the first thing about the sea anyways. It's gravity, it's end or beginning, and whether or not you were even ready to live in it. Pruned fingers and water logged ears were not something you typically looked forward to..

Leaving your home was the last thing that was on your mind the day before. You loved walking through the forest, dipping your fingers against giant leaves that encouraged creatures to fly off. The way the streams made sense, carrying stones in between for you to jump across and skillfully make it to the other side. The way you lived in a large, loving home, your heart already missing your grandmother. Mo'at would call you her 'counterpart' since you looked slightly similar to her, even your thoughts seemed to copy like hers. She always claimed you were sent by Eywa to be the Tsahìk, you being born 10 minuets before your twin brother Neteyam. You wished you had more time with her. You even wished you suggested if you could stay with her. You knew you would meet her again in the future, but the future is far ahead of you.

You knew this move was for good reason, even if it felt like it was ruining your life at the moment. You were mad at your father for making this decision, ripping you from your roots and throwing you to a new pallet of dirt to grow on. Though you were young you felt like an old animal, a phrase coming to your mind, 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks', like your dad would say. You cried in secret after this news, spending your last moments in the Omaticaya clan by the life filled trees and smooth grass. Your grandmother stated this was for your own good, but you felt no good from it. It was becoming a season of calamity in your mind, the closer you came to the reef clan making it feel more real. You pre-decided in your mind you hated it before you even arrived, your mood declining every hour. This would never be your home.

You squinted your eyes toward the large roots that seeped into the reef people's village, multiple lighter blue colored Na'vi running around as they noticed your family's Ikran. Your ears peeped up to the sound of a horn, your group flying further into the clan's waters. Anxiety raised in your stomach as you flickered your sight to the people, noticing multiple clans members diving into the water. Your father then led you to the sand bar, you slowly landing behind your brothers. You took a breath before sliding off of your Ikran, pulling the cloth on your shoulders tighter to your body to cover yourself more. You became to feel more self conscious looking at these other water evolved Na'vi, you walking slowly next to your brothers. You stood between Neteyam and Lo'ak, using them to feel more secure where you stood.

"Come on." Your father breathed out nervously, beginning to walk forward.

You breathed out a sigh, steps slow to not seem dominant over the villagers in your walk. You hated meeting new people, especially new clans. They always created a perspective around your people since you were from the jungle, you usually being called the usual 'tree swingers' to insult you. So what you lived by the trees? You were surrounded by beautiful creatures and plants every day. You made up the idea in your head that they were jealous of your home and your physique that matched the area— even if it may not be true.

"Be nice." Your mother commented, turning her head towards the four of you before moving her sight back in front of her. If you could drop dead right now you would voluntarily.