Chapter 6

Avoiding Ao'nung was your new hobby. Every time you stated you would go and meet him, you would instead slip into the root filled woods behind the clan's huts. Every time you thought you were going to see him, you would decide to suddenly feel the need to play with Tuk or ride your ilu- maybe even go see Ronal and ask for an extra lesson. She always indulged this. And every time you did see him, catching that small glimpse of his aqua eyes, you would act like you didn't. You saw the want in his eyes to speak to you.

You wouldn't hand his peace of mind over for free.

You were happy to now be able to spend more time with your siblings. Though your lessons with Ronal had become two hour lessons to thoroughly get the understanding in your head since you were free of dealing with that annoying Ao'nung. You still hadn't been able to speak to Neteyam directly, noticing his actions becoming even more distant the more time you were all in the clan.

You also began to notice how time was passing. It had been around three weeks you were able to avoid Ao'nung, and three weeks closer you were to having to mate with him. The date wasn't exactly confirmed, but you knew with time it would be soon. The more Ronal grew to like you the more you found you were growing to like her as well. She was surprisingly kind and thoughtful, showing genuine interest in you. Being around her wasn't half bad and you were aware she felt the same. She smiled when she saw you and you with her vice versa. This meant she would want you to mate with her son even sooner though.

You smiled as you walked closer to your sister, Kiri on her stomach and focusing on something in the water. You slowly got down next to her, dipping your head under the clearness as well with no questions. She turned her head to you slightly before she nodded at the small hole in the sand. You smiled to her happiness, knowing how in love she was becoming with the sea. Even small things like creatures under the sand creating bubbles brought her contentment.

You pressed your shoulder slightly against hers, Kiri having a teeth filled smile towards you. You fluttered your eyes when you came to notice shadows covering up the sand, both you and your sister lifting your heads to see who was there.

An immediate frown grew to your lips as you blinked away the water from your eyes, Ao'nung and his goons standing in front of you and your sister. You sat up quickly, taking her hand as you stood.

"Huh?" Kiri blinked, "what'd you say?"

"Are you two some kind of... freaks?" He smirked, you shaking your head. Kiri stood up next to you.

"He asked if you are a freak?" Another repeated, you taking a step back. Kiri huffed, head shaking as the two of you began to walk away towards the sand bar.

"No." She stated, eyes down.

"Just go away." You spoke, keeping your eyes on Ao'nung as he trailed the both of you. You pulled your younger sister closer to you, feeling protective over her well being.

"Are you sure? Both of you are not real Na'vi." He then reached at your sisters hand, you reaching over and slapping it out of his own. He then grabbed your wrist, showing his friends your 'demon' hand.

"Don't touch me-"

"I mean look at them." He laughed, the boys around also laughing with him. He pulled your hand closer, taking a closer look. You pulled your hand away and pushed him roughly at his chest, a seething hiss escaping your teeth. Ao'nung's brows furrowed, his chest raising as he tried to overpower you with his size.