Chapter 4

A tear dripped onto your thigh as you blinked, rubbing your wrist against your eyes to end the wetness. Not only were your siblings now avoiding you, but you were forced to seperate from them by the Tsahìk. Ronal was stealing you away from your family whether she was aware of it or not. Yes training was short but that was the only time you were sure you would spend time with them, even get to talk with them. Surprisingly through the day trying to find them was becoming impossible. Neteyam and Lo'ak had paired up while Kiri and Tuk paired.. You had no one.

You did have Ao'nung. But that wasn't a good thing, it honestly felt more like a bad thing. At least your siblings didn't attempt to insult you 24/7 because of your looks or the way you 'smelt'. You didn't even have a stench, he just made it up to sound mighty. Ao'nung was just a little boy trying to fill in shoes he couldn't fit.

You crossed your arms, letting out a huff. Your ears peaked up to the sound of foot steps walking against the bridge, you turning your head to the source. Your mother walked quietly towards you, your head dipping down once more. You lightly swung your toes in the water, the bioluminescence swirling as your mother sat next to you.

"(Y/n).." she hummed, lifting her hand to your face to brush a wisp of hair behind your ear. You lifted your eyes from the water to the woman, her eyebrows furrowed in concern as she looked over your face.

"What?" You asked, Neytiri's hand relaxing over your hair against your back.

"I would ask what is wrong, but much wrong is happening to you my love.." she spoke, her raspy tone making you melt in comfort. You shrugged to her words.

"I.. It's not even about how I have to spend time with people I don't know, or that I will have to be mated to someone I could care less about.. I," you took a breath, Neytiri slowly rubbing your hand up and down your back, "I feel.. I feel like my siblings don't see me as.. me, anymore." You breathed out, Neytiri's hand stopping as she looked over your face.

"They're thoughts of me have been shifted.. Everything is so awkward now— I can't even walk into our 'home' without it becoming silent. Everyone is walking on eggshells around me.. I just want to go home.." you ended your words off in a cry, your mother pulling your torso into her chest.

"Ma love.. I am so sorry baby.. I will talk to them privately if you would like?" she asked, hands rubbing up and down your arm slowly. You shook your head, resting against her.

"No.. I'll figure it out.. I just wish it didn't have to be this way. I just wish we could have stayed in the forest.. That I could have stayed in the forest.." you mumbled, lips in a frown. You lifted your eyes to the water, squinting in hopes to see anything that looked like your home. It was more fat away than you could dream.

"You know we must stay here my (Y/n).. I know you must be feeling stressed and hopeless, but we do rely on you.. I wish we didn't have to, I pray to great mother that something would change this but.. If she see's fit, than this is a must my love.." she explained, you sighing.

"Why couldn't we have gone to the other clans? Like the Tayrangi clan or the Olangi?" You questioned, Neytiri shaking her head.

"Your father told me it is because the water is hard to read, the last place the sky people would expect us to be is here my love.. We didn't want to but other clans so close to our home in danger." She explained. Your lips thinned once more, head leaning against your mother's chest.

"He is mean."

"Who is mean, (Y/n)?" Your mother asked, you lifting your head up to hers.