Chapter 7

You sat quietly, a soft hum escaping your lips as you mixed herbs and the harvest oil of the akula. Ronal was placing more picked more herbage out of her tray and placed it before you, testing your knowledge of what to mix together. She was testing you.

You smiled slightly, brow lifting as you looked up to Ronal. The woman gave you a slow single nod, a smile growing upon her own lips. You grew used to Ronal, her becoming a wonderful teacher to you. You lifted your hand above the herbs she placed out, thinking about which would be best for someone who would be struggling with spiritual problems and may had passed out. Each herb was used specifically for something, and how much of that would be needed as well. Ronal watched you carefully, eyes on your hand.

You lowered your hand on pine pollen, taking two pinches of the substance and mixed it within the bowl. A calm sigh escaped the woman's lips, a nod coming from her head. She then took the mixing bowl from your hand, placing it down as she packed the herbs back into the basket.

"You have learned well, (Y/n). I'm very happy to have a well prepared Tsahìk to be placed into my lineage." She spoke, a smile coming to your lips.

"Thank you." You then helped the woman pack the items, your time with her growing close to an end.

You had been learning and talking with Ronal for almost 2 hours now. You liked this time you had though, it bringing you peace. That is until you remember you would have to go meet Ao'nung after this. You wanted to get out of it badly, but leaving him hanging was doing nothing but bringing problems.

"You are thinking, (Y/n)?" Ronal spoke, a curious tone in her voice. You fluttered your eyes, taking a breath.

"I was wondering something, Ronal." You stated, the woman nodding.

"What is troubling you?" She asked, you gulping. You weren't even completely sure how to phrase it the right way.

"Um.. My muntxa si. Have you decided a date?" You asked, Ronal lifting her eyes to yours. She nodded, your eyes fluttering to this.

"Can I ask when it is?" You asked, Ronal beginning to stand and took the herbs to the corner of her home.

"I am planning for it to be soon. The exact date.. I am not sure. When the Tulkun come, I'm thinking." She explained, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Tulkun?" You asked, Ronal nodding.

"Beautiful, spiritual creatures. My sprit sister's name is Roa, when I last saw her she was with child.. They are our family.. Your muntxa si will be a celebration and a reminder to the people of their future Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk." She spoke, you nodding your head slowly. You weren't sure when the Tulkun were to come.

"How soon will they come?" You asked, Ronal taking a breath.

"Around 20 moons, or so."

You gulped, eyes moving down to the ground before you slowly stood.

"Thank you." Ronal nodded once more, lifting her hand which signaled that you may leave.

You then walked out of the hut, your stomach flipping. You had around 20 nights before you would be mated to Ao'nung, whether you liked it or not. In 20 nights you will be stuck to Ao'nung spiritually for the rest of your life. In 20 nights you will be shown as the future Tsahìk of the Metkayina clan. Why would they ever want a forest Na'vi to be the interpreter of Eywa for a reef clan. You could hardly understand why.