Part 1:12

edited 12/04 2024

◇──◆──◇──◆

INT. WISHBONE LAB, CARRIER - MORNING 91

Fury enters.

FURY What are you doing, Mr. Stark?

TONY Uh- kind of been wondering the same thing about you.

FURY You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract.

BANNER We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile.

TONY And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. What is Phase Two?

Steve enters, and slams a large HYDRA gun on the table.

STEVE Phase Two is SHIELD used the Cube to make weapons.(to Tony)Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me.

FURY Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're

TONY I'm sorry, Nick. Tony turns the screen towards Fury. It shows a plan for some a missile. What were you lying?

STEVE I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit.

Thor and Natasha enters with Anya and Ivanna. Banner looks to her.

BANNER Did you know about this?

IVANNA You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?

BANNER (laughs)I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed.

NATASHA Loki's manipulating you.

BANNER And you've been doing what exactly?

NATASHA You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.

BANNER Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy.

BANNER (CONT'D)I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

The hall looked at the screen in horror 'Mass destruction'?

FURY (pointing at Thor)Because of him.

THOR Me?

FURY Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly hilariously, out-gunned.

THOR My people want nothing but peace with your planet.

FURY But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled.