Part 1:15

edited 12/04 2024

◇──◆──◇──◆

REMOTE FIELD

Thor is making his way over to Mjolnir. He hesitates to pick it up, fearing he is not worthy. He clenches his fist.

ABANDONED WAREHOUSE

Banner wakes, naked, in a pile of rubble. There is aSECURITY GUARD standing over him.

SECURITY GUARD You fell out of the sky.

BANNER Did I hurt anyone?

SECURITY GUARD There's nobody around here to get hurt. You did scare the hell out of some pigeons though.

BANNER Lucky.

SECURITY GUARD Or just good aim. You were awake when you fell.

BANNER You saw?

SECURITY GUARD The whole thing, right through the ceiling. Big and green and buck ass nude. Here (SECURITY GUARD throws Banner a some clothes, which he begins to pull on.) didn't think those would fit you until you shrunk down to a regular size fella.

BANNER Thank you.

SECURITY GUARD Are you an alien?

BANNER What?

SECURITY GUARD From outer space, an alien?

BANNER No.

SECURITY GUARD Well then, son, you've got a condition.

A few people laughed at the older man.

Banner steps down from the pile of rubble in the warehouse, pulling on the shirt.

SECURITY GUARD (CONT'D)So, which one is it?

BANNER Sorry?

SECURITY GUARD Are you a big guy that gets all little, or a little guy that, ah sometimes blows up large?

BANNER You know- I'm not even sure.

SECURITY GUARD You got somewhere to go?

BANNER Stark Tower. I- no. (The Security Guard looks at him.) Yes.

SECURITY GUARD I'd expect some confusion of the mind, since your body's kind of allover the place, but it has to be one or the other.

The Security Guard gestures Banner to follow him.

BANNER I know where I could do the most good, but it's where I can do the most harm.

SECURITY GUARD Well, that's no different than anybody else. They walk out the doors. Me? I'm here is Jersey where I can't do much of either. And since I'm not likely to move on from this placement, you may as well- pilfer my ride.