Secret Secret

Samantha's P.O.V

As soon as those words came out of Chan's mouth, I panicked. I know my cousin and if there is anything that would make them lose their mind, it's someone calling them pretty. Especially if that someone was Bang Chan.

"You think I'm pretty," Briar asked smiling lightly.

"Well..yeah. Your hair is nice, your clothes are cool, your face is gorgeous. Wait what am I saying? I'm sorry."

"No. It's fine. I'm just surprised I guess."

I figured it was time I stepped in before it becomes chaos in here. This would go on forever and nothing would get done.

"Hey guys. Glad you're getting along but maybe y'all should go to that living space area and get to know each other? I need to talk to Felix really fast."

"Okay. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do Sam," she said with a wink.

"Dude! No! Not in front of the children!"

As the other 7 boys and Briar head into the living space to chat, I drag Felix into the bathroom and shut the door so no one hears us.

"So you saw what I saw didn't you Sam?"

"If you mean a connection between Chan and Briar, then yes. I mean how couldn't you? They never look someone in the eyes unless it's me or their mom. And they never actually smile at complements. They usually brush them off."

"And Chan has never been one to get fidgety introducing himself to someone. And he never rambles off with complements like that. He totally saw something in Briar."

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Find a way to set those two up together?"

"Absolutely."

As we started devising a plan to get my cousin and Felix's friend and group mate together, we heard loud laughter coming from the living space. Sounds like they're already getting along. That's nice.

Briar's P.O.V

I didn't think that the guys and I would get along this well. The way they already have me coming out of my shell is quite shocking. I never get this close this fast. It usually leads to problems.

"So Briar. What do you do usually? Are you still in school," Chan asks.

"Kind of. I'm in University."

"What do you study if you don't mind me asking?"

"Secondary Music Education. I'm in my second year already."

"Secondary Music Education? So you want to be a high school music teacher?"

"Eh."

Changbin cuts in, "What does that mean? Wouldn't you study something you want to go into?"

"I do want to do it. Don't get me wrong. But that's more of a backup plan for me."

"What do you really want to do," says Seungmin curiously.

"Theater. Ever since middle school I've wanted to be on Broadway one day."

"I could see that. You seem like the type to want to be on stage," Hyunjin adds in.

"Really hyung? I would not have thought that at first glance," notes an interested quokka.

"I'd love to pursue my dream. I just don't know if I can if I'm being honest."

I look over at Chan who seems way more interested in this conversation than I thought he would be. I thought he'd be bored out of his mind. However, now he has a quite concerned look on his face.

"Why not? If you're passionate about it, you can totally do it. You just have to work towards it and you'll be set. I bet you have plenty of skill so that can't be why."

"I just don't know why anyone would want me in a show. I can act and sing and dance and do everything I need to do in a show. There's just something that tells me that I would never make it."

That something is my own insecurities. My height, my weight, my looks, my personality, my vocal tone. Nothing about me is special enough. No one would accept me in a show. They'd take one look at me and immediately say "Next!" if I showed at an audition.

"I think you could do it. You just have to keep trying."

"Thank you Chan! I've been trying to tell you that Briar. You just have to keep trying. You have the potential," Samantha says exiting the bathroom with Felix in tow.

"I don't know about that."

Chan grabs hold of my right hand since it was closest to him. Not in a mean or restricting way. But, more in an attempt to give me comfort and reassurance. And somehow I felt it in my heart and mind that he means well. Huh. That's new. Usually trust does not come this easily.

"Believe me Briar. You can do anything, and I mean anything, you put your mind to. And since I don't see your cousin and Felix splitting any time soon, and hopefully we can stay in contact after tonight, I will be more than willing to help you put yourself out there in the acting scene."

"Thank you Bang Chan," I said meekly as I start to feel a light rosy tint spread across my face.

"You can call me just Chan if you want. Or Channie. Or Chris. Or even weirdo if you want."

"Okay Chris."

That felt really nice. His english name just seemed to naturally roll off of my tongue. It suits him. I look away from his hand holding onto mine and looks towards his shining brown eyes again. I could get lost in those eyes if someone gave me the opportunity.

"Now. Uhm. In order to help you make your way into entering the acting scene, we're going to have to stay in contact somehow."

"I'm sure we could chat through Sam."

"Well you have a phone don't you?"

"Yes. It's in my pocket."

"Does it have a working number attached to it?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Mind if I put that number into my contact list?"

"Pardon?"

The deeper voiced aussie cut in from the other side of the room, "He's asking you for your number Briar."

"Yeah. What he said."

-
Holy cow. Chapter two dudes and dudettes and other non gendered humans! Thanks for y'all who read chapter one. Means a lot to me. Please do comment and like let me know if you spot any errors or things you think I could improve on, fix, or if you just have any ideas for furthering this story at all. Love y'all. 🫰

Kota out