Circus

Hey. So I'm sorry I have been so inactive. With the end of the school year coming in soon for me, I will hopefully have more time to write for anyone who actually likes this story. Even though I am going into senior year and have to do college applications and visits and whatnot else. We shall see what happens. Anyways..moving on.

Chan's P. O. V

I woke up and checked the clock on the side table. I realized the following things: 1) Bri wasn't by my side like they were when I fell asleep and 2) I actually slept more than 5 minutes. In fact, it ended being 5 hours somehow. But now I'm concerned. Briar was right next to me at 2 am but now it's 7 am and they are nowhere to be seen.

I untangle myself from the fuzzy blankets Briar provided me and walked out of the room looking for them. Once I get into the hallway, I hear blasting music and two feminine voices. I start walking towards where the music is coming from and notice Bri left the bathroom door open. Not thinking, I poke my head in and realize whatever song is playing, they are singing along to in the shower.

How cute? They paint, love music and acting, and sing in the shower. Can this person get any better? I break away from my thoughts once I realize I just walked in on them showering and that I invaded their privacy. I hurry out of the bathroom and go back to the guest room to get changed and ready for the day. Once I finish changing and brushing my hair, I hear the water turn off in the shower.

Briar's P. O. V

I head out of the shower and get into my fresh grey knitted sweater and blue jeans with fuzzy socks because fuzzy socks are the best. Once my hair is dried and I head out of my room, I walk out into the kitchen to find a drink. I slide around on the wood floors and start doing spins and jumps because I felt like it until I get to the kitchen and grab a glass for some orange juice. It's when I turn to get the juice from the fridge that I notice Chris staring at me while he's leaned against the countertop smiling with a cup of water.

"Good morning sunshine," Chris says with his cute smile and charm.

"Morning Chris. What's got you all smiley for this morning?"

"Nothing. Just that I found out I have met the most epic person ever."

"Oh really? Where is this person," I ask genuinely confused.

"Oh come on. It's you Bri. You love acting, love music, paint like it's no one's business, you do whatever that dancing was when you made your way over here, and you sing in the shower. You're so epic it's not funny."

I'm truly dumbfounded by that statement. I'm nothing special. I don't know what got him to think I'm so awesome. Wait...how did he know I sing in the shower?

"I don't sing in the shower."

"Yes you do! I heard it. You kinda left the door to the bathroom open so I heard the music.."

Sugar. Honey. Ice. And Tea.

"Oh. I didn't realize I left the door open. I'm sorry if it bothered you."

"Oh it's no problem."

"Do you sing outside of the shower?"

"I mean I guess I have to? I'm a music education major with my declared instrument as voice and I do musical theater. But, that's something special."

"Would you be willing to sing what you were singing in the shower?"

"Oh no."

"Why not? You need to practice in front of crowds. I'll be the perfect crowd for you!"

"If it means a lot to you, I'll do it."

"It means a lot to me."

I mentally prepare myself for the emotions, but as I sing I try to not sob or cry because that's weakness I don't need him to see. I open my phone and find the instrumental version of what I was singing, a song called "A Trophy Fathers Trophy Son" by Sleeping With Sirens, and play it. I sing along to the track I know by heart word for word.

As I sing, my head is held high while my eyes are glued to the floor. I couldn't look him in the eyes while I sing this one or else I know I will break down. I stop singing when the song ends and I look up at Chris to see him starting to get emotional.

"You okay Chris," I ask carefully as to not make him explode.

All he does is come over to me and give me a massive hug.

"You don't have to tell me why this song hits so hard for you. Just know that I'll be right here for you if you need me to be. Never hesitate to vent to me if you need to, okay," he whispers into my ear while he hugs me.

"Is that effective immediately?"

"Sure. If you want it to be."

"Please. If you don't mind of course. I don't want to bombard you with my life if you don't want to know it."

"Oh believe me Bri. If I didn't want to know, I wouldn't have offered to be your vent. Most importantly, if I didn't want to know, I wouldn't be telling you that I care so much about you."

"You haven't told me that before..."

"Well what if I started right now? Because I do. I care a lot about you. More than anything I've ever cared about."

Holy cannoli. We're going in deep today y'all. Sorry...maybe. If you want to listen to the song at the top so this chapter makes more sense, go for it. Probably should have mentioned that earlier lol. Oh well. I hope you guys like this one and hopefully I'll come in soon with the continuation.

For now,

Kota out