Silent Cry

Hi y'all! I realize it's been a while since I've updated. I mean I believe I warned you that updates would be sporadic but I'm still sorry about it. Hopefully I can make it up to you! Just saying that there's going to be a bit of Briar trauma dumping on Chan and talking about mental health and self harm so I'll make a sign to warn you when it comes up.

Chan's P.O.V
I take a step back from Bri as I let them breath for a second. I know it's hard to talk about things in general, especially when it makes you as emotional as they just were. I wasn't expecting them to almost immediately accept the offer to vent to me. I just hope that it's nothing too bad or I might loose it if anyone hurt them.

I hear Bri clear their throat and I can feel pressure from the sigh that they let out escaping their body.

"You okay," I ask cautiously.

"I'm okay."

"Whenever you're ready, vent away."

"It's a long story."

"I've got time."

Warning!!! told you i would warn you

"Okay. So, I always had a good relationship with my parents. Wish I could say the same for the relationship between the two of them though. Their relationship started falling apart when I was about 9 or 10. My dad had some health issues that messed him up pretty bad. But ever since then they fought a lot."

They paused to take a breath, I'm guessing to compose themselves. I just stood there nodding my head trying to show them that I'm following their story.

"So when I was 12, my parents separated from each other. But because we didn't have a lot of money, my dad moved into the basement and set up camp there. He rarely ever went to any other part of the house after that. Like he literally refused to spend what little time he did have on Christmas, since he had work the mornings of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, with mom and I. But I still went and spent time with both of them every day."

I could see them start to break down inside and I believe they're going to start crying but I don't know what to do to make them feel better.

"A month before I turned 13, I went to spend time with my mom and some family friends. My dad felt ill so he didn't come with us. We got home at 11 pm and I went to see my dad," they shuddered uncomfortably so I assume the next part is unsettling.

"He was disoriented and absolutely a mess and in a state that I can't put into words because it was honestly gross. I spent time with him but I quickly went upstairs to mom because I was worried he had a stroke. And she thought the same thing when I told her what happened. He went to the hospital and then transported to another place with an Intensive Care Unit."

Oh god this can't end well.

"I went to the hospital the next morning because it was really late at night when he left. I got there and my mom told me that she had to make the choice for him either to go through a surgery that may or may not work or to let him...you know..."

I see them start tearing up and I feel the urge to run and give them a hug immediately but I don't know if that's what they want.

"After that, my depression really started settling in. I've always been bullied in school but after he died I started being told that I was the reason my dad let his health go and virtually ended himself. Everything kind of collided together and I felt my mental health fall into the garbage. And I'll admit I thought of some things I'm not very proud of and I've done some things I'm not proud of."

That's the cue. I ran up to Bri and engulfed them in a huge hug right as they started crying. I rubbed their back and just let them bring out all of their feelings. We sat there for a few minutes in silence until they tapped my shoulder and I let them go.

"I'm sorry. I know that's a lot to take in and ingest in one shot."

"No no no. Don't ever be sorry for letting it all out okay? You never have to be sorry. Thank you for trusting me and telling me all of that. Do you still do that stuff?"

"The stuff I'm not proud of?"

"Yeah," i said knowing already what this "stuff" is just by the context clues.

"Not often. I try Chris. I really try not to. I just can't control myself sometimes."

"How long has it been since you last engaged in this stuff?"

"The day before our birthday."

Wow. I was not expecting it to be that long ago. Especially after they lost their mom, I thought that would've triggered that response.

I extend my arms to ask for theirs. When they give me their arms, I do that cliché thing where I look at all the scars from the past and kiss every one of them as if to make them heal better or faster. Once I make sure I've gotten every last one of them, I stand up straight again and look down at them slightly due to the height difference and see a questioning look in Bri's eyes.

"What's up?"

"I want to do something. But I'm not sure if I should."

"Go for it."

Once the last syllable of the last word of my sentence exits my mouth, Bri gets on their tip toes and kisses me gently. I stand in shock for a moment, not expecting them to want to kiss me at all, but then almost immediately kiss back and wrap my arms around their waist gently and delicately as if they'll break if I do anything too rough.

We stand there for a few moments kissing each other, feeling a sense of love radiate from the other person, until we hear the door close and someone clear their throat.

Well I hope you liked that. I'm sorry but I think this made sense after where the last chapter left us. Plus now they kissed!!!! So where will this take them? Who interrupted the moment? What happens now? Tune in whenever the hell I get back to working on this again lol

For now,

Kota Out ✌️