-CHAPTER 2-

Skipping down the well paved path ahead of her, [name] makes her way to her next destination after absorbing another feral demon for research purposes.

"This is sooo boringgg!! I haven't gotten another lead since I encountered that demon like 4 villages ago!"she whined, disappointed with the lack of progress in her research about 'demons'.

Coming face-to-face with the entrance of the big village she's going to be exploring, [name] was amazed, completely forgetting about her disappointment, this place is much more lavish than all the other villages she have been to combined, (granted there seems to be a festival going on but still,) everything looked so clean, and sparkly, so tucking the blindfold she was supposed to wear in her pockets, she took out a pair of black glasses and wore them instead. (everything is so pretty after all, it will be a waste to not see it.)

Entering the village and looking around her surroundings, sparkles surrounded [name] as she saw the array of different stalls that sells all sorts of things.

Pulling out some money (villagers had given her money for either saving them from demons or healing their sick and injured or both, and all of them basically rejected MC's refusal to the money so she had no choice but to take it lest they be upset.) [name] started to go around trying different foods from stalls and buying stuff she thinks are pretty.

Munching on some tempura she bought, [name] continues to walk around while silently watching as the kids happily play and run around, the adults converse or just the elderly having fun, moments of peace and happiness like these reminds [name] of tempest.

Where everyone are just happily living their lives at peace and content with what they have.

Walking around some more she started to pick up conversations of people around her, apparently there wasn't a festival like how [name] originally thought but that this is a normal occurrance in this village.

'huh, how weird that the people here are generally more active at night' [name] thought.
'Even with most my power sealed away I can at the very least still tell that they are all completely human so why?'

Sure she can totally be overthinking this and that this 'citizens being more active at night' is just a tradition passed down by the older generations for some reason but [name]'s instincts is telling her that there is something going on here, and [name] has been helped by her instincts far too many times for her to just ignore it now.

And so she continues listening in on conversations. (no, its not eavesdropping, its gathering info for the sake of her peace of mind).

Huh, turns out that big ass building in the middle of this big ass village isn't a municipal building like she first thought the moment she saw it.

Instead it was actually a temple/shrine, well nothing earth-shattering about that but what is this she hears about a god residing in the temple?!, and not like spiritually but actually physically there?!?

Now if that isn't suspicious as fawk then I don't know what is, and [name], disregarding the saying about curiosity killing a cat, decided that she needs to learn more about this because she doesn't think that the people being more active at night and the fact that the so called 'god' in the temple/shrine has been alive for generations (she learned this via listening in on a traveler asking a local) is a mere coincidence, cuz' even though she still haven't learned enough about the 'demons' in this world, she atleast knows that they don't die of old age because they have regenerative abilities that thus prevent them from dying naturally (no, she doesn't think dying via sun can be considered a 'natural' death).

So a 'god' being here for generations and is influencing people to be more active at night (which is the only time demons can hunt without dying mind you) is definitely very suspicious.