⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝟎 𝟒

CHAPTER FOUR
THE DREAM

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ *ೃ༄NARRATIVE POV♥︎:     "𝘈𝘮 𝘰𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘻𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘸"

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ *ೃ༄
NARRATIVE POV
♥︎:     "𝘈𝘮 𝘰𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘻𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘸"

Some are bound to die young, By dying young a person stays young in people's memory. If he burns brightly before he dies, his brightness shines for all time.

-UNKNOWN

         NEYTIRI watched her son's reaction to the new arrival with a smile on her face. He was surprised to see Anāi in person, but that wasn't all she saw in him. There was something about him that reminded her of her husband, the love-struck look on his face. She smiled at the thought that maybe he and Anāi could be friends or even more than that.

"Neteyam," Neytiri called out to him, "come meet Anāi." Neteyam turned around and walked over to his mother and the new arrival. He stopped just short of them and stared at her intently. Anāi returned his gaze with a soft smile on her face. "It's you" he breathed. Neteyam looked at Anai and noticed her ears perking up at the voice, recognizing it to be one of the boys who helped her.

"Yes, hello" she replied. Neteyam let out a soft smile at her voice that brought him comfort. Neytiri had a knowing look on her face while Tuk his little sister resisted the urge to tease him for being flustered around the hybrid. "You never told me your name," Neteyam said to Anāi as he watched her kneel by the cooking pit and place down Tuk who quickly waddled to her mother with a slight run in her step, a soft smile adorned the hybrids face. She walked towards the cooking pit and sat next to the pot with a kneel.

"Anāi Te Ì'ìrik Käìlìpti'ite" she replied. Neytiri smiled at the sight of Anāi and Neteyam, but she could tell that he was a bit flustered. She knew he had been looking forward to meeting Anāi again, and now that he was here it seemed like he didn't know what to do with himself. "Okay, again, a whole lot slower," Neteyam said. He couldn't quite catch what Anai said as he was too focused on her looks and the kindness/loyalty that beamed from her.

Anāi cleared her throat and gave him an encouraging smile. "Anāi, Aen-āi" she repeated herself slowly and this time so that Neteyam could hear it properly without any distractions around him while they were trying to focus on something else besides each other's appearance. He smiles in response. He nodded his head in understanding and repeated, "Aen-āi. That's nice. Aen-āi." He repeated to himself as he looked down at his feet for a moment before glancing back up at Anāi with a smile on his face before letting out a nervous laugh at himself for being so nervous around her when he was just trying to be friendly with her.