CHAPTER 3

My world was an dystopian universe full of sadness and suffering. A personal hell that i thought i could never escape from. The reality sucks.

My parents were not the best well, realistically speaking they were the worst. A father who is abusive and a mother who is an alcoholic.
Some children grew up hearing stories from their parents but what i grew up with was the sound of shouting and the smell of alcohol.
My mother did have her good days when she would talk to me other than trying to beat the heck out of me. I did care for her, she was my mother after all.
My father couldn't care less about me or mom, he was more interested in showing off to his friends and getting drunk. I could never look him in the eye after that one incident.
I was 10 when it happened. I was home alone and dad had gone to work and mom was at her friends house. I had raised a small cat named Alphine and i had kept her hidden cause i knew my parents would never let me raise a cat.
Alphine was a kitten whose fur was black as the night, she was loving and caring and never failed to make me smile.
That day i let alphine roam around the house since i thought dad would be home late, but little did i know what was awaiting us.
I was sitting on the sofa playing with alphine when i heard the front door slam shut. I froze and ran to hide alphine but it was too late. I saw my dad eyes filled with anger and his hands clenched.
He stormed over to me and grabbed Alphine and threw her across the room, i was horrified so i ran to stop him, that was my first mistake. He had this look in his eyes that i would never forget. He slapped me straight across my face and everything went black,that was all i could remember.
When i woke up i was still on the ground with my arms and legs full of cuts and bruises and Alphine nowhere to be seen.
I remember hearing his footsteps so i ran to my room and locked the door. I was too scared to even cry out loud, afraid that he would hear me.

I looked around my room with a hand over my mouth trying to muffle my cried thats when i saw the book that grandma gave me shinning in bright blue colour.
I walked towards it and held it up and i heard my grandmother's voice speaking to me " if you want to escape from something that you hate just write down a world for yourself, an escape route, a safe world just for you". And that is exactly what i did.
I took my pen and i started writing down a world, a world just for me.

A safe haven, My Utopia.

I watched it fade with a smile on my lips and tears in my eye.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment and share