CHAPTER 5

Dystopia and utopia are two different worlds that are the complete opposite of one another.

Right now, I'm on my way to school.
Looking at the world around me,i watch people's desperate actions just to survive in this hell. I pass by a shop that used to be owned by an old man who recently passed away. He was a nice old man who always cared for me and checked up on me daily. Seeing the empty shop, i realise something important that everyone that cares for me will always leave in the end. No one stays forever.

School is another part of this world that i hate. The kids are not really kind to me there. All that matters in school is which kid has the highest grade, whos the prettiest and whos the richest. The weaker ones become preys to the powerful one, it is the survival of the fittest indeed.
Walking into my school, i come face-to-face with my enemies. Veronica is the most popular girl in my school, everyone loves her and is obsessed with her fake behavior. Alexa's mother is a high paying lawyer and and her dad is a doctor. Kids love to watch her show off her expensive cloths and bags.
They have hated me since elementary school for reasons that i don't even know. I run as i notice them walk towards me. The nurse's room used to be my hideout but since the old nurse left, i wasn't able to hide there anymore.
I know that i can never outrun them. It was Alexa who caught me first, she grabs me by my hair and drags me over to the janitors room.

" look who it is, the freak" Veronica says
and they both laugh like it's the most hilarious thing in the world.

" did she go mute? I wouldn't be so surprised "
it was Alexas turn to mock me and as usual i keep quiet.

I stand still waiting for all of it to end.

" leave me alone" i say glaring at Veronica, even i was surprised by my own words.

" oh look, the freak is trying to be brave. Let's see how brave you really are"
Alexa says as she opens the janitors room and pushes me inside it and slams it shut.

I start pounding on the door.
" let me out!!!" I shout but it's all useless.

I hear them laughing while I'm crying and begging them to let me out.
I can't remember how long i was inside , the darkness swallows me and it feels like the demons are coming to get me.
I suddenly hear some sound coming from the other side, i prepare myself for the worse when the door suddenly opens.

" are you okay?" Asks someone.

but i don't want to face their pity. I dash out of the room and outside school.
I keep running and running until the school finally disappears from sight. The tears streaming down my face makes it harder to see where I'm going.
I stop and look around and i find myself inside the 'dream forest' which is on the other side of the town. I walk deeper and deeper into the forest and i stumble upon a path. I decided to follow the path.

As i walk along the steps , i hear faint sound of a violin

As i walk along the steps , i hear faint sound of a violin. The melody feels like it's calling out for me. I trust my instinct and follow the sound until i reach a small shrine like place.

 I trust my instinct and follow the sound until i reach a small shrine like place

I look around for the sound. The melody is so calming that it feels like it's comforting me through each sounds.
It takes away all my sadness and leaves me with a sense of warmth. I follow the sound to see a man sitting on the rivers side with a violin in his hands. His hair is white as snow and his skin looked pale, his eyes are closed.

I move closer and my movement  catches his attention

I move closer and my movement catches his attention. He stops playing and stares at me for a while. He gives me a sweet smile and gets up.

" who might you be?" He asks

" I'm alissa, I'm sorry for disturbing you, i can leave if you want " i reply

" no please stay, this place brings me peace when I'm sad and i think you need a bit of peace now" he says while gesturing to my face and i just realised that my face was still wet with tears.

" Thank you, what is your name" i ask while wipping my face on my sleeve.

" Lucien " he holds out a cloth, i take it and wipe my face.
" i work at the old bookstore in town"

" The one that was owned by that old man who passed away recently???" I look at him surprised.

" yes, he was my grandfather " he replies

" I'm sorry for your loss," ,

" its alright, can i play a song for you alissa?" He asks

" yes you can" i sit down next to him.

As he starts to play i feel my heart fill with a feeling of happiness, it felt like each melody was talking to me, comforting me. I don't know how long i sat there in silence hearing him play but once i looked up,the sky was getting dark.

" I'm sorry but its getting late , i need to go" i panic as i get up.

" it is getting late, it was nice meeting you and i hope we see eachother again"
he says with a smile that warms my heart.

" it was nice meeting you too lucien, hope to see you around. Bye" i say as i run back the way i came while waving him bye.

I can already imagine the horror I'm gonna face at home for skipping school but at this moment i don't care about anything else, i don't know what it is about lucien but something about him just makes me feel comfortable.
I really hope I'll see him again.

I forgot that both worlds were much different but also much alike to one another.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Comment and share.