The Machine

Chapter 1

The day started out like any other at TAPOPS headquarters. Boboiboy and his team were going about their duties when suddenly Admiral Tarung's voice bellowed through their watches, "Boboiboy! Get your team to the main hall immediately!"

The group froze, exchanging worried glances. When the Admiral used that tone, you didn't ask questions. You moved. Fast. Boboiboy and his friends sprinted through the corridors, hearts pounding.

Gopal's exasperated groan filled the hall as they ran to their weekly summons. "Not again!" he whined, throwing his hands up. "Don't we ever get a break around here?"

Fang shot him a withering glare, his patience wearing thin. "Give it a rest already," he snapped. Gopal merely rolled his eyes in response.

Before their bickering could continue, Yaya interjected. "We're here," she announced, stopping outside the grand double doors.

With a collective breath, they straightened their uniforms and pushed a button near the doors. The doors swept open, revealing Admiral Tarung and Commander Kokochi awaiting them. As one, they did the TAPOPS salute.

Boboiboy stood in front of Admiral Tarung and Commander Kokochi. Gopal and Fang stood on the right side of him while Yaya and Ying stood on the left side of him. However, Ochobot did not stand with them, he was given the honour to stand beside the Admiral and Comamander. How they all wished they could stand beside them like Ochobot.

"What is the mission, Admiral?" Boboiboy questioned Admiral Tarung after all of them had stood accordingly. All of them had expected to receive a briefing for a mission they were supposed to go to but Admiral Tarung's response confused them.

"There will be no mission!" answered Admiral Tarung, catching all of them off guard. It was very unlike their Admiral and Commander to call them for nothing.

"Huh? Then why did you call us here?" Gopal questioned them, a hint of anger and annoyance in his voice. His mouth watered thinking of the food that he was eating before they were called.

"Two reasons. The first one is because I want to introduce you to two people," right after he said that, two people came into the main hall. One of them was wearing a red armor with what seemed to be blue eyes on the person's chest, while the other was wearing a blue armor and a mask on his face (This suit was the one that he used in the Mechamato movie because I like the suit better in the movie😁) . When they walked closer to Boboiboy and his team, Boboiboy's eyes widened and he gasped.

"Ayah!" (For those who do not know this means father in Malay), Boboiboy shouted mentally in his head when he looked at the face of the man in the red suit. His face was so identical to his father, that one strand of white heir in the front standing out. The only difference was the man had more white streaks in the rest of his hair.

"Dad works as an ambassador...right? So...what is Dad doing here? Is that even Dad? Is this even real? Or is this just a dream?" Boboiboy pinched himself making sure that all of it was real, wincing at the pain he had inflicted upon himself. He was aware that his dad had a power sphera but he did not know that his dad work in TAPOPS.

"Deh, Boboiboy! Why are you staring at him like that, huh?" Gopal asked giving a small smack on the back of Boboiboy's head. Rubbing the back of his head, he looked at his friend, feeling confused.

"Huh. Did you say something?" Boboiboy asked his friend, still rubbing the back of his head, trying to ease the pain. He did not catch what Gopal was saying as he was thinking of his father.

"I asked you why are you staring at the man in the red armor," Gopal repeated while shaking his head.

"Uh, nothing! He just reminds me of someone!" Boboiboy answered in a rush and turned his attention quickly to the Admiral and Commander. Boboiboy avoided making eye contact with the red armor guy when he turned back to the front. Gopal was slightly taken aback by Boboiboy's action but just shrugged it off when he heard Admiral Tarung clear his throat.