Ch. 4 To be alive without living

(My art. Thats how I imagine König. I have a Tiktok if you're interested! @mourning_coyote)

POV: König

As the foreign planes blazed through the air nearly scraping rooftops I grabbed Saige, taking her into my arms. She yelped, flinching away from the harsh winds of the planes as I sprinted inside.

She grabbed the com from my vest, quickly getting onto the public channel. Holding down the button She begain speaking. "BASE 4, 5, AND 6, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK. SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIEATLY."

I gently set her down infront of her room and she swapped channels again, using the one task force 141 uses. "THIS IS HAUNT, COME IN TASK FORCE 141."

The ground shook violently as I rushed into her room and grabbed her vest and uniform off her bed. She had already begun limp-running towards the doors.

A loud BOOM echoed through the building, foundation rattling and shaking as the Shockwave hit us.

A static voice echoed over the com in her hand. "This is Ghost. Meet at the south hele pad immediately."

I came up behind her and swiftly took her into my arms once again. she grabbed onto my vest, startled as I sprinted out the doors toward the hele pad.

As soon as we made it outside we were met with smoke and carnage all around us. Base 4 had been hit, now sitting in nothing but rubble.

The planes circled abovehead as we made it to the helicopter, greeted by Ghost, Price, and Soap.

"-Gaz? Where the fuck is Gaz?!" Saige questioned as I set her down once more. She swiftly climbed into the helicopter and took a seat, buckling in as Price responded.

"Gaz is with the medic, they're in the East helicopter. He was hit during the explosion."

I felt my heart pounding in my skull as I lept in, closing the door behind me. I took a seat next to Saige and the helicopter lifted off.

A siren started blaring in the background, base 4 now a dystopia of blood, rubble, flames, and bodies.

The ground was littered with the dead, any living were packed into helicopters like sardines.

As we lifted higher we saw something drop from the belly of a plane. It seemed to fall in slow motion, everyone staring in horror.

It fell nose first towards base 5. Our base. On instinct I turned my back to the window, grabbing Saige and doing my best to shield her.

As soon as the bomb hit the earth shook violently, flames licking at the belly of the helicopter as the Shockwave soon followed.

When the shockwave hit it sent the helicopter spinning out of control. We were forced into our seats by the movement. The pilot did their best to take control again as I felt Saige grab onto the bar behind us.

The tail of our helicopter swung around once more before straightening out finally. All I could hear was ringing, my vision spinning as I gently let go of Saige.