⫷Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ Ⓣⓦⓞ⫸

𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍
✪✪✪

"What, is your car designed like a bloodhound or something?" I questioned as I watched the image of the tire tracks wizz by on the monitor.

"Tracking is one of his many skills." Michael said simply.
"So you still haven't told me what this thing is capable of," I said.

"This thing can hear, you know." The mechanical voice spoke again, earning a chuckle from Michael.
"Alright, smart guy," I fired back. "Your car has some attitude, Michael." I said somewhat irritably.

"He's just a lil' sensitive, that's all." Michael replied.
"That's not true. I am simply stating the facts." The car replied.

I still couldn't quite believe that the car was actually responding to us.
"Alright, KITT," I challenged. "If you're so good at it, why don't you tell me what you got?"

Michael gave me a 'you're-gonna-get-it' look, and I shot him a glare. "Dear me, and I thought Michael was difficult," KITT said. "Alright, if you insist, I'll list my primary functions.

"My basic program is to preserve human life. I've been designed with state-of-the-art technology, and am equipped with numerous advanced functions including a pursuit mode which allows me to travel up to 300mph, a turbo boost function which triggers spring systems within my wheels to propel me from the ground, an auto-driving system which allows me to control the car myself, a ski mode which allows me to drive on two wheels, useful for fitting through tight spaces, a-"

I slapped the dashboard with an exasperated gasp.
"Okay, jeez I don't need a manual!"

Michael was laughing softly at this point.
"You asked me to tell you what I can do," KITT replied nonchalantly. "That's what I was doing. I wasn't finished."

I waved a hand quickly. "And don't. I think I know more than I can remember at this point." I sighed and rolled my eyes, focusing back on the tire tracks on the monitor.
"So here's a question: What do we do if these lead us half way to the next state or something? Or if we find the car who they belong to? Are we gonna take these guys on if we find them?"

I was more than ready to fight the people who murdered my sister if needed. I was strangely unafraid of them, as if my loss had nullified any fear of them hurting me; all I cared about was avenging my sister.

"Not quite," Michael said to my dismay. "We've got to find out for sure if it's them. I'll probably go undercover and try to gain their trust, see if it was really their doing. That is assuming we find them. Don't worry, darling. You won't have to go in hand-to-hand combat just yet."

I shot him another glare. "I beg your pardon, Michael, I'm not worried about fighting them! I told you, I can handle myself. I want to help you, and I don't intend to do so by being a scared little girl. I'd appreciate if you treat me like an equal partner."

Michael gave a light sigh. "Yeah, whatever. You also should remember I'm in charge."
I grit my teeth in annoyance.
"I can't tell if you or your car are more troublesome."
I scoffed, turning pointedly away from him to look out the window. This was going to be a long journey.

✪✪✪

"Michael, the tracks have begun to thin out," KITT's voice roused me from my near-doze. I blinked. I didn't realize I'd almost fallen asleep, but I must've for our surroundings had changed from the bustling city to a sub-urban neighborhood with a few shops and other little services scattered around.
"I believe we may be close to where the car was parked after the robbery."