Chapter 9: Challenge

(Y/N) = talking
Naruto!!! = Rage/demonic voice
Izumi = Whisper
Sasuke = thought

3RD POV

A group of six people can be seen walking along a forest path: four children and two adults. One of the children is visibly excited to return home, while the other three seem less enthusiastic, except for the black-haired girl who hides her excitement well. However, the two adults easily see through her. One of the adults doesn't mind, while the other is confused. After walking for a while, they finally spot a giant door with two guards standing in front of it. One of the children immediately runs toward the gate, followed by the other two, while one of them stays with the adult. The guards notice them and stop them.

Guard: Halt!

The blond-haired kid abruptly stops as he approaches the two guards. The other two kids, one with pink hair and the boy with black hair, look at the blond kid and ask.

Sakura: Why are you stopping, Naruto?

Naruto: They won't let me in.

Sakura and Sasuke look at the guards in confusion.

Guard: State your business.

Sakura: We want to enter the village.

Guard: Please show your identity cards.

Sakura: Identity cards?

Naruto: We don't have any.

Guard: No card, no entry.

The kids are baffled by the guard's reply. Sakura and Naruto decide to throw a tantrum, while Sasuke sighs tiredly at the two of them.

Sasuke: These two...

The guards look at them with amusement. Shortly after, the rest of the group reaches them. The woman speaks to the two guards.

Izumi: That's enough playing, Kotetsu...

Izumi: ....and Izumo.

Immediately, the two of them turn towards Izumi, seemingly happy

Immediately, the two of them turn towards Izumi, seemingly happy. They wave at her before noticing the two people following her. They tighten their grip on their weapons in case the need to fight arises. Izumi notices this and waves at them, signaling that they're with her. Both of them relax a bit but still keep their guard up.