Part 15: A New Palace

Yeah, I didn't edit this.

Chapter 26

~Isis~

I look around the small room. A tiny square near the ceiling lets in the only light, the sun setting as it is. A small table with a bowl of stale water on it stands in the corner. The room is longer than it is wide, two of my arm lengths could touch the other side. Maybe three long-ways. A small bed raised about two hands off of the floor rests in the corner opposite the table. A thin blanket is strewn across the bed.
"Thank you, Talihbah." I say.
"I'm so sorry, Goddess. This is the best I can do-"
I cut her off. "It's perfect." She calms down. "I am staying off the grid, undercover if you will. No one can know. I am Amunet. Servent to the Queen." I tramsform my features, making myself average. My hair turns to a dark brown from it's black, I change my eyes from their beautiful green to a dusty brown, my other features becoming unnoticeable.
I wave my hand and the room cleans itself.
"Goodnight, and thank you, Talibah."
"Thank you, Godd-Amunet." She nods he head and walk to her own quarters."

I sleep.

When I wake up in the morning, I am greeted by Talihbah changing out the water in the dish. "This is my morning job, ma'am. All the water dishes in the entire palace..."
She walks out briskly, humming to herself. I take advantage of the clean water, and dry my face off on a small linen. My clothes are much too formal for a servant. They would think I stole the gown. I use my magic to change the gown, it becomes shorter, but still modest in still, and I put all of the jewels under the pillow, under a protection spell so that they cannot be stolen.
I walk through the hallway that Talibah led me through the previous night. The throne room was still very grand, and this time, only the Queen was present. Except, she held two small children in her hands, and another at her feet. She stands and beckons me foreward. "These are my children. I need a nurse to keep them happy. I have a country to rule, and it is not the Queen's place to raise a child, let alone two. Please, take them. There is a room that has been suited for the children. Go out the main door, and it is three doors down on the right. One more thing; they are twins, and the elder has a birthmark on his knee."
I hold both boys in my arms, and I nod silently. This is a common job for young women in Egypt, and that is what I appear to be. I enter the room, and is large and empty, with the exception of a very large pillow on the floor. I place both of them on the pillow, the toddler following closely. I frown. "Now which one of you is older?" The boys were twins, but they weren't identicle. One had a small birthmark on his knee, and the other didn't. There were other differences, but none extreme.
"My name is Maneros. That is Dictys, and that's Horus." The toddler says, before sticking his thumb in his mouth. He looks at me with big, brown eyes.
"My name is Amunet, and j will take very good care of you, and you and you." I tap each of their noses. Baby Dictys coos.
"Mut says that Horus is sick." He sticks his thumb back in his mouth. I pick him up, cradling the child's head.
I feel the sickness in him now. He will not live, unless I do something.
I materialize a cool linnen and place it on the baby's feverish forehead. I blot it gently and leave it for a short while. I begin to tell them a story. A story about a girl who learned magic.

Chapter 27

~Seth~

I scour all of Egypt. Isis is hiding. No matter, because she will never find her blasted husband. He was never for for my throne. I look down into my globe, which I had moved to the throne room, and see that a new prince has been born in Byblos. No, not one Prince, two! How adorable.
The servant girl keeping them, and the older prince, little Maneros, is a small girl, not unlike Isis. But, her hair, eyes, face- everything is wrong. It cannot be her. But, everything feels the same. It could very well be one of her brother's daughters or something like that.
No matter, because I am getting married. The Queen of the Heavans, Nephthys, Goddess of Water. She walks down into the grand room, smiling brightly. She is not Isis, but she is still powerful and beautiful. Now her looks are, well, flowing. She has become one with the water, smooth in every way. She once was ragged and rough in every manner, but now she is smooth and gentle.
A prime fit for the God of Desert.