Part Ten: The Lonely Realm

Chapter 16
~Isis~
I fly off the boat, after tranforming of course, and soar through the heavenly, dream like realm. I see large buildings not too far away, and they are bigger and even more amazing than the Royal Palace in Alexandria. I circle back around to the group and land in somebody's headpeice, although I'm not sure they even notice me because their headpiece is enourmous, and I am a fairly small bird. As I ride atop of their head, I continue to study my new home. I feel hands scoop me up, and I squirm around enough to see that it is Seth, following Ra with wonder-filled eyes. I climb onto his shoulder and I hear my name called out.
"Isis." It is Amun-Ra. "Isis." He pauses again before getting louder. "Isis please come here."
I look at Seth before hopping off of his shoulder and rhythmically flapping my way to the front of the group, where I transform back to my human form. "Yes? I belive you called?" I half bow to Ra.
"Indeed." He takes his time before answering me fully. "I called you up here to show you where you will live." He points to a magnificent house with pillars twice the size of the ones in the Palace of Alexandria, and about twice the size of it as well. It has even more brilliance to the intricacy and delicacy of the outer design, and I can't wait to explore the inside. "Now," he continues. "You will each get a similar accommodation, but they will all be a little closer together. The four main gods and goddesses houses tend to be further away than the others. Seth, yours is there." He points to a large palace that seems to glow red. "Osiris, yours will be there." He points to the greenish tinted house that looks the color of the Nile on a warm day. "Nepythis, you will be there." He motions at the last of the four houses that were in the immediate area.
When the rest of the gods and Goddeses continue on, the four of us stay where we were, before looking again at our individual houses. Mine glows in a mixture of all colors. Pinks, blues, greens, golds, and even hints of red. I thought back to what my mother once told me of colors. ''Black is good. Black means the Earth's soul is full of silt and minerals, and ready for planting. Red is bad. Red is desert, and red clay. Nothing grows there. Nothing lives."
I walk forward and touch one of the plants that are growing all around the perimeter of my dwelling. It feels smooth, and is more green than any plant I have ever seen before. I turn back around and walk to Seth, who still hasn't moved from his spot.
"I wish that I could wake up from this,"
he says.
"Why?" I ask. "Everything here is so much more wonderful than anything they had down there. These buildings are magnificent!"
"I know but-" he begins to answer, but is interupted.
"Seth, what do you think of this place? Isn't it magical?"
I stare quizzically at the girl. I remember seeing her earlier, but I do not remember her. She is taller than me by a little, and her light brown hair stops at her shoulders. Her dress, whilst not as intricate as mine, is the same blue as her eyes.
"Seth?" she asks again. "Are you listening?"
He is still ignoring her, and he just stares blankly into the distance.
She turns to me. "You are Isis, right?"
"Ye-" I begin to reply, but I am caught off.
"That's good!" she interupts. "I am Nepythis, the Goddess of Water."
That was understandable. Water, the thing that nothing could live withought, is controlled by one of the greater gods.
I nod and say, "Lets explore a little bit. This place is enormous! We wouldn't want to get lost."
She nods and we turn to where our houses are. I walk up to min and put my hand on the intricate door, inlaid with so many colors, I don't think I could even name them all, let alone count them. I slowly open the door with a slow waving movement of my arm, and it responds by creaking as if no one had opened it in several years.
The inside was filled with more grandure than the Royal Palace. More intricate designs were on the wall than the Pharoh's tomb, the cushions on the furniture more plush and soft than anything I had ever touched. There were so many rooms, plenty food in each of them, and I realized that they were offerings. Offerings to me from my followers down in Egypt. I selected a small bit of cheese, and ate it. It tastes like nothing. Smoke that evaporated into thin air. When I look down at the cheese in my hand, it looks exactly the same as it did before I decided to taste it. I frown.
I hear shuffling behind be and I spin on my heel. Amun-Ra. "Forced offerings. Given by those who do not belive, or do not worship you."
"Then why is it here?"
"It comes here because the forced offering serve as a reminder to us that we are not worshipped by all, but, actually hated by some."
I look down, and then he is gone. I begin to wonder if he was even here.
Chapter 17
~Seth~
I strolled into my palace. It looked so much like home, it made me sick. I walk into what seems to be a bedroom, but instead it is full of intricate paintings on the wall. The rooms seems to be empty other than the paintings, and it also looks as if it goes on forever. I look at the walls more closely, and they all depict different spells, for different things. There are spells for really weird things, turning yourself or others into storm clouds, turning into a snake, turning you enemies into bugs that are easily squashed... I may have use for that last one in the future.
I like this room. Although, I don't think any place will ever match the equivilent of the garden behind the palace. Not even this room full of magical opertunity. I glance around the room and notice a large glass sphere. I walk up to it, and inside I see scenes of places in Egypt. Peaceful places, like Oasis, Gardens, sanctuaries. I felt an urge to disrupt the peace, to do something to ruin it, maybe use one of the spells on the wall.
No! the power is going to my head! I walk out of the room, only to find myself back in there. I heard a voice in my head. "There cannot be peace without chaos." It sounded like Amunet's, before she was Isis. She was different now, a little bolder, more powerful.
I wal back over to the sphere. Different scenes play before me. Some people napping, a peace conference between an Egyptian merchant and a Greek trader, a scryer trying to see the future. I pause on this scene. I make the scen larger, and focus on the black oil in the scryer's bowl. I tap the center of the oil, it ripples and turns a violent shade of red. Some of the liquid spills out and the boy shrieks. He has to be around twelve. The overseer comes over and puts his large hand on the boy's head, and says words that I cannot hear through the image. He calms down as the image fades.
My first act of chaos. Somehow, I feel, complete.
After hours of strolling mindlessly through the fairly empty red floored house, I hear a knock at the door. I ignore it and keep strolling. I hear footsteps, and the door closing.
"Go away!" I yell. "Why are you here anyways? Who are you?" I ask.
Isis steps out. "If you don't want me here I will leave."
She begins to turn away, but I grab her shoulder. "No! I'm sorry, for yelling. I- I just stirred up some trouble in Egypt, and I wanted to have time to think about it."
"Oh. Well, you know, as I have said, there can't be peace without chaos. There needs to be a balance. A balance between peace and chaos, good and-" she stops.
"What were you going to say? Evil? It's okay, I know I am."
"No!" She exclaims. "You are not evil, and that's why I stopped myself! You know the balance! What I meant is that some acts are evil, and you must do those to keep the peace, and, and, well, you just! Ugh. You aren't evil! You aren't. You aren't the god of evil. You are the God of Chaos."
I think that is the most flustered I have ever seen her. She sniffles. I give her a hug in an attempt to comfort her. "Okay. I'm not evil. I'm just... chaotic."

Author's note:
Hey everybody!! Thanks so much for reading my story, and sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had massive writer's block, so I went back and edited a lot of stuff. I also added some stuff to Part Five, and would appreciate it if y'all went back and read it!:)
Thanks!!!