Part 11: Causes

(Above *A tyjet, or the knot of Isis)
Chapter 18
~Isis~
-Eleven Months Later-
I walk around the outskirts of Egypt, overseeing some middle aged people sowing the ground. Ra says that there are still people who don't know how to keep their own and provide food for their families, so I take it into my own hands to teach them how.
I walk amoung them, as they use their handmade tools to sow the seeds into the silt-enriched soil from the Nile. I teach the more uncivilized the typical way of life, the preparations of food, like bread, but I leave their ceremonies alone. As I go from different areas, I see that people in different areas have different customs, different ways of speaking, celebrations, and different way of showing appreciation towards us, the Gods and Goddesses.
Today, I have my long hair tied behind me. In the almost full year that I have been a Goddess, my already long hair has grown almost double its length.
I wear a simple dress that reaches my knees, and is clasped together by two gold pins on the shoulders, and a gold belt around my waist.
I walk through a dusty village, and I see children playing. I watch them for a second, until they see me.
"Isis Panthea!" One of the little boys shouts. "What will you teach us today?"
I think a moment before answering. "I think, I will teach you... how to read today! You must be able to read before you can write. Now, you all know what I expect of you after I leave you village, right?"
One of the smaller, younger boys speaks up. "You, you want us to teach all of the rest of the people, and the little babies, and their babies too, right?"
"Absolutely correct!" I pat his head.
So, I wave my hand, and a pile of tablets with simple inscriptions appears on the ground in front of all the children and adults present. They all turn towards me and listen intently to my lesson.
Isis Panthea is another name for Isis, and it means Isis the All-Goddess.

Chapter 19

~Seth~

I sit at a table with Osiris and Bes, playing a game of Senet. Well, by playing, I meant struggling. Bes was creaming us!! Earlier he had insisted that Osiris and I team up, and let him play on his own since there were three of us. One more move and he would win.
Osiris rolls the sticks (they used sticks instead of dice) and... he rolls a six. Right into the alligators. For the second time.
"Yes!" Bes shouts!! "I win!"
"It's your fault Osiris!" I groan. "You let him win! Again!"
"You think I let him win?!" He exlaims. "We'll have a rematch tommorow!"
Bes laughs. "I think I will hold on to this win for a while. Savor it." He laughs again. I join him.
Osiris grumbles.
Aker, the Guardian God of the sunrise and sunset, walks into the common room followed by his mascot, a lion. "Amun-Ra wants to speak with you, Osiris. Immediately."
He turns and walks briskly put the door. About a week after we arrived here, Aker decide to start following Ra around everywhere he went, and basiclly did all of his errands, talking, and announcements. He was also one of his many body guards that protected him on his daily (and I suppose nightly) ritual of ridising and lowering the sun. They have been trying to enlist me for some time as well. I keep declining, but not for the reasons they think. I don't have enough control over this power yet.
Bes, still smiling smugly from his win, says, "What do you think they are talking about?"
I feel my face darken as I answer. "Probably about things that I already know. Lessons on how to run this place. kepp the order. Things like that."
"Oh." Is all he says.
I lay down on the floor from my seated position, and pick some dried dates off of the table.
I wonder what chaos is going on in Alexandria right now... Is it something I caused earlier? When I sneezed by the giant glass sphere, two sandstorms whirled across my veiw in opposite directions in the previously calm landscape. Oops.
Osiris walks back into the room, and plops down on one of the sofas close to us.
"So," Bes asks, turning towards Osiris. "What happened?"
Osiris dosen't answer for a minute. "Well. He wants me to pick a wife."
Bes and I look at each other, Bes suddenly extremely interested. I roll my eyes.
"Why?" I ask, although I already know the answer.
Osiris sits up and looks at me. "He says that I can't rule the entire world without a wife to keep me in balance. Although, when I asked him about his wife, he shut me down and practically shoved me out, saying we were done."
"Did he say who it had to be?" I ask.
He shakes his head.
"Then who are you going to pick?" Says Bes, eagerly jumping back into our conversation.
"I don't know yet." Osiris says. "His ony requirements are that I pick someone that has a decent amount of power, like Nefertari, or Isis."
I almost choke on the air that I was breathing. Isis. The air gets cold. I shake it off.
"What do you guys think? I mean, who I should choose?" He asks us.
"Well, I don't know. I mean, whichever one you pick, remember, you are going to be with them forever." I say. I stand up and walk away, although I stop just outside the door, because I can hear Osiris and Bes still talking.
"What do you think, Bes?"
"I think," replies Bes. "That Nefertari has a really interesting character. And when you think about how the people in Egypt veiw her, the are scared, thankful, and glad of her being." He pauses. "But Isis, how the people veiw her, they see her as a connector, a real thing, warm and gentle. She teaches then things! Did you know that? That's why Ra summoned her the other day. They see her as a protector. Think about those things. It's all about the image."
"How do you know this?" Asks Osiris.
"I am their protector from the evil spirits of the Duat. I am down there quite often, among them. They offer me shelter, food, clothes, anything I want, well I'm getting off topic." Says Bes.
"Oh." Says Osiris. He lays back down. "I think, I will choose Isis."
"Can she say no?" Asks Bes.
"There would be consequences if she did. Although, not from me. From Amun-Ra."
I start walking away. Then, I begin to run. I run all the way to the crystal sphere in my house. I summon a picture of Isis, who is overseeing some villagers farming. I hit the image, and it shakes. I see the people in it shudder, and some fall. One of them is Isis. She suddenly looks up and glares straight up, as if she can see me.