War

*Flashback to age 10 y/n*
My hands quiver with fear and anger as I glare up at him, palms dripping with both sweat and shadowy wisps of my quirk.
His piercing crimson eyes half closed in a smug squint as he looks down at me with all the cunning of a cat. Knowing I can't win.
"One day..I'm going to become so strong..so powerful that even YOU can't stop me. One day I'm going to bring fire down on you, make the ground crumble underneath your feet. I'm going to watch as your twisted dream is ripped from your grip and your ambition and power slips through your fingers like sand.
I will enjoy watching On that day as everything you hold dear falls apart FATHER..I'll be smiling. On that day I'll bring hell to you." With perhaps deluded words of fury and spite I growl up at my towering father, his hulking figure looming over my tensed frame that is far larger than an average 10 year old but still puny compared to him.
Fathers sick smirk spreads at my words but before he can say anything mother shouts out from behind me.
"NO! He doesn't mean it! Y/n sweetie get back over here! We have to practice your guitar!" Mother almost screams In a terrifyingly worried voice, obviously concerned for my safety.
Father just lifts a hand towards her, silencing her instantly as just the mere threat of his right hand is enough to inspire fear in everyone.
Slowly and with immensely threatening calmness but also sincerity, father then leans his head down and gets closer to me until his chiselled face and downward facing hair is all I can see
"You will always be me." With that one simple line that he growls down me, he cements my future and his control over me with such certainty that even I begin to believe it.

Y/n PoV
*back to present Some days after the last chapter*
The warm light and muffled shouts of excitement from inside emanate behind me in the dorm meanwhile the freezing winter night wind brushes against me, I stare out across the darkened icy covered lands of UA while exhaling cigarette smoke slyly as to not get caught.
My mind still plagued by thoughts of what happened at my house days ago, repeating like my dreams do.
Showing this my index finger and thumb periodically tap against one another and my left foot taps the icy floor anxiously.
To preoccupy myself I think about current events, The first day of returning to UA has been mostly uneventful, just training with Aizawa and celebrating with my class. Me and Momo are still getting along well even though I haven't seen her for an hour or so.
While pondering another wave of dark thoughts wash over me as yet again the image of mother in my house pops into my head

I reach the end of the cigarette quickly and throw it to the side into a small void portal I create as not to litter.
Then turn on my heels and exhale the last puff of cigarette smoke while opening the door before stepping inside where all of my classmates and friends eat and drink, celebrating the new year

The heat instantly warms my body making a nice shiver travel up my back as i trundle through into the living room where I'm spotted by Mina
"Heyyy! There you are! Where ya been!? You keep disappearing!" The cheerful pink girl shouts out while waving at me and chewing on a similarly coloured mochi.
"Ah just stepped outside for a minute stop stressing pinky!" I quickly respond, jesting her a little as I do which makes her stick her tongue out at me while patting the seat next to her
I pull my hood down and saunter over to the seat being part of the giant circle of assorted seats, some couches, stools and armchairs.
When I reach the empty seat on the two seater couch beside her i slump down and kick my feet up with the recliner, closing my eyes momentarily to rest after a hard day's training
"You know you don't have to lie to me y/n..I know you smoke" in a sudden quiet and strangely melancholy voice, Mina whispers to me
My eyes open and gaze over to her where I realise she's uncomfortably close to me or what would be uncomfortable for someone else
"Well...technically I never lied. I stepped outside for a cigarette. Hehe so how long have you known huh? *groan as I lean forward and grab my red bull off the table* not like I tried to keep it a secret though." I then whisper back before raising my voice in a groan, taking a swig of the drink just after.
"For a while, don't worry I won't tell anyone." In a cheeky tone and through a bitten tongue smirk, Mina responds in a slightly louder voice as a way to speak over the now growing class volume
Speaking of which I tune my hearing to filter in what everyone is talking about