-Chapter 1

SHANNON'S POV

Like every other night i would come home and go straight up to my room before my father could see me, I would play my guitair and sing, i wasn't very good but it was the only thing that kept my mind off thing's. I was peacfully strumming along when i heard my father screamed my name, I wasnt excited for the outcome of this conversation.

"SHANNON GET DOWN HERE NOW", I ran down our wooden stairs to where my drunk and pissed off father was.

"WHAT IS THIS SHIT", He threw a music schlorship brochure down on the table, he slammed his hand down making me jumped backward's.

"It's-it's a schlorship im trying to win", I said in a low quiet voice hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"WHY DO YOU NEED A SCHOLARSHIP YOUR JUST A LITTLE WORTHLESS BITCH, WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY YOUR NOT GOING TO GET IT", His word's flow threw my brain i was holding back tears trying to be strong that's when i snapped.

"DON'T SAY I DON'T DESERVE THIS CAUSE I DO AND MOM DESERVED ALOT MORE THAN WHAT YOU EVER GAVE HER",This was the first time i've ever stood up for myself.

"DON'T YOU BRING YOUR MOTHER INTO THIS", He than reached for the closest thing he could find which was a thick atla's and smacked me right across the face, I fell backward's sliding i felt a burning sensation on my cheek where i was hit i knew if i didn't get out he would hurt me even worst or even kill me so i bolted up the stair's and into my room and locked it behind me i shoved my desk infront securing it from my father coming in but my dad was banging and ramming into the door trying to get in.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR", He screamed and banged on my door even more, I raced around my room packing as much stuff as possiable , I knew my father would break that door soon so i grabbed my bag and threw it out the window then grabbed my phone of the charger and jumped out my window, it was a pretty far jump but i didn't care cause i knew my dad would do much worse to me, I gained my balance and snatched up my bag from beside me and ran, ran as fast as i could i never looked back i was running for about 20 minutes before i stopped to catch my breathe i layed down on the ground not knowing where i was going. I had NO family, I was alone. I layed there on the wet, Cold ground sobbing than i heard a faint voice from above me it was dark so i couldn't see a thing.

"Umm are you okay",I turned my head to weak to get up.

"What", I looked at the mysterious person, I was so tired i just wanted to lay there and die.

"Are you okay, Here let me help you", I could see the person now it was a teenage boy probably my age, he was towering over me which made me scared.

"PLEASE DON'T HURT ME PLEASE", I screamed at him and stumbled backward's right againist a tree.

"I would never hurt you, Please let me help you", He held out his hand i slowly placed mine in his he pulled me up but i stumbled back my leg's felt like jello and i could barely stand up , He than wrapped his arm around my legs and picked me up and carried me, We started walking toward's a huge apartment building across the street from the park. I looked up staring at him he had big beautiful blue eye's and dirty blonde hair that was covered by a snapback, I shoved my face into his chest trying to cover my ugly bruised face he than squeezed me tighter and for the first time in my life i felt safe.

We walked into a huge lobby there was a big hanging shandaler (no idea how to spell that sorry ahah) and there was a older lady sitting behind a counter typing on her computer, Finally we came over to a elevator and went to the top floor the doors open up into a huge penthouse apartment.

"Who are you", How could he afford all this he just smiled at me and laid me on a black "L" shaped couch he pulled my wet coat and shoe's off and pulled a fuzzy blanket over me i fell asleep moment's after.

Next Morning

SHANNON'S POV

I woke up, I had no idea where i was, was i dreaming, Than i heard footsteps coming so i hide in the corner tucking me face in between my leg's.

"It's okay i'm not gunna hurt you please don't be scared you can trust me",I lifted my head from my legs and saw the boy from last night standing over me with a hurt look on his face with his hand out asking for me to get up.

"I'm sorry i just don't trust most people, I'm Shannon", i grabbed on to his hand and he pulled me up to my feet.

"It's okay, Hello I'm Niall, Niall Horan", I never notice but he had a cute irish accent, i smiled at him.

"How can you afford a place like this", Wow Shannon that was a stupid question to ask, He gave me a weird look, Great now he thinks im weird.

"What, Did I say something wrong", I yelled at him.

"No, It's just surprising you don't know about me or the boy's".

"The boy's", What was he talking about.

"Yay, Zayn, Louis, Liam and Harry. They live here and we are all part of a famous band called "One Direction", You've never heard of us?".

"Oh, No i'm sorry i never really was aloud to watch tv or anything".

"That's okay love, You look hungry would you like some breakfast". He's so sweet but I knew I couldn't stay I would be putting Niall and the other boy's in danger.

"No I should leave I'm sorry", I started for the door when Niall grabbed my wrist and stopped me, I flinched when he touched me than I stepped back.

"I'm sorry but please stay you look hurt and starving , Please". He looked at me with his now blue-grey eye's, I could see he was worried , I don't know why though.

"Okay i'll stay, Thank you". He than walked into the kitchen I followed him in, He made us both egg's and bacon. We sat down on the couch I dug right in I don't remember the last time I ate it has to be a few day's, I could see Niall glancing at me so I slowed down.

"So why we're you at the park by yourself", Niall asked. Why did he have to ask that I was just getting comfortable with him, I ate the last bit of my breakfast and had a drink of my coffee to wash it down.

"I was running",I could feel Niall staring I hated being the center of attention.

"Running from who", He grabbed ahold of my hand and looked me right into my eye's, I saw his eye's widen I guess he saw my big bruise that was on my cheek from my dad hitting me with that book.

"Who did that to you!!", I leaned down so my long dark Brown hair would cover my face so he wouldn't look.

"Please Shannon tell me", He than grabbed the peice of hair that was covering my face and placed it behind my ear, I looked at him he had pleading look on his face, Finally I got out .

"My father did it", I took a breathe not realizing I was holding it in.

"WHY WOULD HE DO THIS", He screamed out I shuffled away from him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you he pulled me back closer to him".

"Where is your Mother", That was the subject that got me in this whole mess and I sure as hell didn't wanna bring him into all this, Niall saw my expression and knew it was a bad question, But I know I had to tell him maybe thing would get better.

"She died, 3 years ago that's when my father started beating me", I stood up and pulled my shirt up a little showing Niall my scars and bruises.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry",He grabbed my hand pulling my shirt down covering my stomach.

"No it's okay I feel better now that I told you",I sat back down and layed my head on his shoulder trying to keep close.

"I feel safe with you here, Please sit here with me", He smiled and layed back so we we're both comfy, Niall started softly and quietly singing into my ear.

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE AND FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @janoskianza OR TUMBLR: mrsniallbrooks THANK YOU FOR READING <3 xo