4: Aldera and the Ticking Time Bomb

"Look at that, Midoriya finally found himself a friend."
"Someone finally pitied him enough to pretend to be his friend."
"She's probably just as pathetic as him if she's seriously hangin' around him."
"Who's that with the quirkless kid?"
"Who's she?"

Whispers followed as Midoriya and Y/n walked the halls of Aldera Junior High, making their way to their class, while Midoriya pinpointed where they were and what classrooms they were passing. Most students, along with their remarks, glared mockingly in their direction, not trying to hide their dislike and disgust towards the green-haired boy beside her (and in some cases, towards her too).

With all her might, she tried to stay patient and not look their way, in order to avoid making a scene and causing Midoriya trouble.

'For Izuku. Bare with it for him!' She thought to herself desperately.

When they got to their classroom, they were greeted by the faces of Midoriya's annoying teacher and a few of the students who sat near the window and at the back, one of them being a guy with an annoyingly long neck. The only thing Y/n thought about at that moment was 'and it's Izuku who gets bullied? How does that work?'

'No sign of Bakugou? Good.' Y/n mentally cheered after taking everything in, letting out a small smirk.

"So you must be Y/n L/n, right?' Asked the brown-haired teacher she so despised.

Being the socially awkward and shy person she is, she was unable to show her disgust towards him, only managing to timidly nod. He looked at her then Midoriya and walked off to his desk while flipping through a pile of paper.

From beside her, she could vaguely see Midoriya nervously fidgeting, probably from the attention he was getting from standing beside her. She frowned then nudged him slightly, causing him to stop in his tracks and look at her. "You can go sit in your seat, I don't think I'll need showing around anymore," said the nervous girl, giving him a crooked smile.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's not a problem, I can stand by you until yo-" mumbled Midoriya, only to be cut off by Y/n before he could finish.

"I'm sure. I'll be just fine, don't worry," she said, while a graceful smile painted her soft lips.

With what looked like a relieved nod, Midoriya scurried to his desk and took a seat, watching over you to make sure nothing happens.

'He looks so on edge... If only I could do something to help...'

"Here it is," the sound of her new teacher speaking to her brought her back to the present. "Y/n L/n, quirkless, fourteen years-old? This you?" He said, somewhat uninterested and turned his head from the sheet he was holding to her.

"Quirkless?"
"Like Midoriya?"
"What, now we have two useless, quirkless people in our class?!"
"How embarrassing..."

Y/n's hands turned into fists, pressed so hard, it was like she was trying to choke the air.

'Did that dickhead really have to mention the quirkless part? It's like he wants me to fucking die! What an ass!'

"Um...yeah," she replied, glaring at the ground, although she wished it was him who her glare was directed at. Midoriya gave her a concerned glance from behind, fists locked tightly under his desk.

"Okay, here's your timetable then. Try not to lose it, but if you do then just go to the main office so they can print a new one for you," he sighed, handing her an A4 sheet of paper. After she gave him the signal that she understood, he continued speaking while making his way to his desk, "you can sit closer to the window, beside Midoriya."