Beneath the Surface

Hi guys! Welcome to the new storybook! The new cover feels so fresh, and I'm so excited to see where this goes.

If you are a new reader, this is season 4 of my Camp Cretaceous fanfiction, so if you want to see season 1,2,3 you will see it in my works. Or if you just want to start here, then why not,  it's your choice.

Anway-

BACK TO THE STORY

While everyone else was enjoying the cool breeze of the air out on the bot, I was inside the cabin. We'd been out at sea for quite a while, I didn't bother to keep count. But during that time, I got curious and started searching through Mitch and Kadia's things.

I was inside their closet, which was a walk-in closet but no bigger than a pantry. I was pushing their clothes aside on the valet pole, just searing around when my foot accidentally kicked something.

I looked down, seeing a brown leather chest against the wall. Naturally, my first instinct was to pull it out of the closet. I grabbed one of the little handlebars on the side, tugging it out of the closet. Once I got it, I stood there inspecting it closely.

I bend down, lucky to find there wasn't a lock on the latch. I flicked the latch off, pulling up the chest lid. Inside was a bunch of things of Mitch and Kadia.

There were several Polaroid photos of the two, most of them showing off big animals they killed, and a few where they were kissing. Inside, I also found a Smith and Wesson model 12 gun with the safety on.

I rolled my eyes, lightly scooting it over with my finger like it was trash. But that's when, underneath it, I discovered a small rose gold necklace with a ruby attached to the end of the chain.

I gasped as I saw it, having forgotten stuff like jewelry existed. I reached inside and grabbed the necklace, holding it up to my face as I watched the dangly ruby spin around. This was obviously Kadia's, but the thought of Mitch wearing this crossed my mind, and I let out a snicker.

Seeing the necklace reminded me of how far gone I've gone from being girly. Right now I looked like a jungle castaway freak with permanent scars all over my legs and arms.

I hadn't thought much about my appearance since everything that happened. But for some reason, I started to feel self-conscious now.

"Hey!" A voice suddenly said from the hallway. I yelped, shoving the necklace into my pocket and standing up. I nervously turned around, only to see Brooklynn in the doorway.

"Brooklynn?" I said her name confused.

"Sorry, did I scare ya?" She asked, stepping into the room.

"No not at all, just caught me by surprise." I nervously smiled, scooting the chest over with my foot. "So what do you need?" I asked.

"Oh I was coming to get you, Matt's opening up the fruit cans. It's chow time!" She said excitedly before walking off. I let out a sigh of relief, glad she didn't see me snooping through Kadia and Mitch's things.

I closed the chest lid, pushing it back into the closet like I never saw it. I walked outside to the front deck, seeing everyone gathering around the table.

"Are we really off the island or is this a dream?" Sammy said happily as she watched the sea waves.

"If it were a dream, I'm thinking we'd have a change of clothes," Yazmian pointed out.

"What do you mean? I've always wanted a signature look." Ben joked, referring to what Brooklynn said back when we found that cardboard cut out of her.

"Come on everyone, I got the fruit cans opened," Matt said as he walked to the table with a stack of plates and cans of fruit.