Saber Battle

I hate splitting up episodes into two chapters, but my crappy computer starts to lag if I write too many words. 🙄 Sometimes my computer turns off, or the screen goes black, and I get so scared thinking I lost all my progress. 😭

Also, I don't know if Wattpad gives these notifications, but if it says I made changes to a chapter, it's because sometimes I notice grammar or spelling mistakes that I missed when proofreading, and I just like to change them. I hope it's not annoying if you keep getting those notifications.

Anyway-

BACK TO THE STORY

I know I was meant to go to sleep, but how am I supposed to? The last time someone had ever told me they loved me was in the 2nd grade when Jimmy, who ate glue during arts and crafts, said he wanted to marry. He full on got down on his knee and pulled out a poppy flower.

I screamed to myself as I remembered the way Ben said he loved me, and then just right after kissed me.

I closed my eyes as I rolled onto my side and rested my head on my hand. As I slowly drifted to sleep, I began to think about if Ben and I were somewhere different. Somewhere amazing like... laser tag. And as I fell asleep, that's exactly where my dreams took me.

Ben and I were back to back with our laser guns, circling close together as several kids tried to run and shoot us with lasers. But each time before they could get close, Ben and I would catch them and shoot their vests.

Ben swiftly kicked one kid to the floor as he tried to shoot me from behind, and he quickly fired a laser at his vest. When another kid attempted to shoot Ben from a distance, I grabbed a kid near me and threw him in front to take the laser shot.

I tossed the kid to the floor and shot his vest, quickly aiming as I shot the kid in the distance. Ben grabbed my hand, twirling me around to the other side as he shot a laser at a kid near me.

I grabbed Ben by the shoulder, pulling him next to me as I shot a kid behind him. He high-fived me but doesn't let go as he tugged me toward him. He wrapped his hand around my waist, our noses brushing against each other as he dipped me like a dancer.

 Not breaking eye contact, he shot a kid running up to us. I smiled, not breaking eye contact either as I shot someone right above us, who was climbing on a pipe.

He lowered his face close to mine, and as I touched his face and leaned in to kiss him, Matt suddenly slapped my face as he rolled over in his sleep.

Irritated he just woke me up from an amazing dream, I shoved his hand away and groaned to myself. I closed my eyes and tried to drift back into the dream when I hear rustling in the bushes. I sat up, confused when Ben suddenly sprung awake gasping for air.

I shifted my gaze toward him, a worried look on my face as Ben stared paranoid at the bushes in front of us.

"Ben? What is it?" Yazmina asked, a slight annoyance in her voice. Ben quickly crawled to our dying-out campfire, bending down as he blew against it to light it up.

"Guys," He called out to us, continuing to blow on the fire, which eventually started a small flame. "Guys!" He called to us again, backing away as the fire slowly start to burn.

"What's up?" Daruis asked sleepily as he sat up.

"There's something out there." Ben fretfully said.

"What's going on?" Kenji asked as he stretched and yawned.

"I heard a noise," Ben continued, everyone now slowly waking up.

"Are you sure, Ben?" Daruis asked doubtfully, "Maybe this is like yesterday, with the berries."