Snowy Adventure

Does anyone else imagine edits of their own characters? Like the other day, I was listening to a edit audio playlist and kept imagining the Y/n and Matt in cool edits. It's like a hobby now 🤭 

Also sorry about the non-existent updates, school is a hoe! 😭 I get 0 time to actually write. I'll try to get the next chapter out soon to make up for lost time.

Anyway-

BACK TO THE STORY

The icy wind howled against my skin, covering me in goosebumps. I grabbed my shoulders and looked around as everyone admired the snow. However, they were equally confused that we went from a forest to straight ice.

Each breath I took felt crisp, the cold air tingling against my skin and invigorating my lungs. The ground beneath my feet transformed into a soft, powdery blanket, cushioning each step as if it had prepared a path just for me.

My gaze swept across the winter landscape, eyes wide with wonder. The world around me appeared like it had been dipped in a pristine white. Delicate snowflakes adorned every surface, sparkling like diamonds. The silence that hung in the air was almost deafening, broken only by the soft crunch of our footsteps and the occasional whisper of a gentle breeze.

"Why—How are we in snow?" Matt said as he clutched his shoulders.

"I thought you said this was the way to the plane," Yazmina said with a shuddered breath.

"It is," Mae answered, "After we get through this biome. It's cold, but still uninhabited, except for us." She held up her tablet, showing us the route to the supply plane. "We'll be safe."

"Wow... they never let me leave the med bay," Kora said with beaming eyes as she looked around.

"And here I thought Nublar was the trippiest place I'd ever see," Daruis commented.

"I am definitely not dressed for this," Ben said with an annoyed tone, visibly shivering.

"N-n-none of us are," Kenji stuttered, the cold getting to him. "And it's definitely not helping my cold." His eyes grew big as he realized what he said, shooting his head toward Brooklynn who covered her face with a disgusted look.

"I mean, our cold." He tried to save himself, but Brooklynn looked unconvinced as she walked away. He stammered, "We're, we're all cold! Because of this!"

"Who cares?" Sammy shouted, "I've never even seen snow before! It is so pretty." She smiled, closing her eyes as she stuck out her tongue and let a snowflake fall on it.

"You do realize that it's Mantah Corp's snow." Yazmina pointed out, putting a hand on Sammy's shoulder.

Sammy snapped her eyes open, a look of disgust on her face before she began to gag and brush the snowflake off her tongue.

"Yeah. Pretty or not, none of us will last very long out here." Brooklynn said, rubbing her arms for warmth.

"Yes, we will. We've got these." Mae said, getting everyone's attention as we all looked toward her. Mae smiled, putting her hands on her hips as she showed us two snow gliders ahead.

.·:*¨༺🦖༻¨*:·.

There were only two gliders, so we had to split up into two groups. Luckily, the snow gliders had exactly ten seats available, which was the exact number we had.

"Okay so, I already know how to drive one of these, but what about the other one?" Mae asked as she walked toward the snow glider door, the rest of us following her.

"I'll drive the other one," Brooklynn said, raising up her hand. "I've done wheelies on a tractor before, It can't be that hard."

Mae reached into her pocket, pulling out a pair of keys before tossing them to Brooklynn. Brooklynn opened her hands, catching them in an instant as she stepped back from recoil.