Unstuck The Boat

I'm back from my break, sorry I had to cut the chapter short. I was going to be busy for a long time so I didn't want to make people wait longer for the chapter.

But fr, I was struggling to cut it off without being so random lol. But yeah so this is the rest of the chapter, hope you enjoy it!

Anyway-

BACK TO THE STORY

Kenji walked past me and grabbed the steering wheel, a little colder than before. The little happiness I got in hopes I fixed Matt and Kenji's relationship, slowly faded as I watched him.

I walked next to him, hoping I could figure him out. But before I could get a word in, Kenji and I are knocked back by the boat suddenly stopping. We both grab onto the control panel, stopping us from falling to the ground.

"What is happening?" I worriedly asked confused.

"Shoot. Shoot, no!" Kenji stood up, clicking on the button's controls. "I don't think it's a mechanical failure," He said, realizing everything was working, we just weren't moving. "We might be stuck in a kelp bed or something." He suggested when a beep comes from the SONAR. We both look down at it, seeing we are right under a cloudy green display.

"Dang, it! I must have missed that when I was turning the boat," He scratched his head

"Uh, guys, what's happening?" Daruis asked from below the deck. Kenji and I walk out of the cockpit, looking down at the others from the balcony.

"Propeller's jammed. Someone's gotta go under and check it out." Kenji said as he grabbed onto the railing. I joined his side on the balcony, watching the others crowd together below.

"Kenji thinks we're stuck in kelp," I announced to everyone, "But where there's a kelp forest, there are usually sharks."

"Sharks?" Yazmina repeated, "I'll pass. Saw this movie as a kid that really messed me up for life." She turned away.

"I'm all about big critters, but not sharks," Sammy shuttered terrified. I looked around at everyone, seeing them all shake their heads and come up with reasons not to go under.

"I'll do it," Matt spoke out. Everyone looked at Matt, seeing he was staring at the seawater from the edge of the boat. He slowly turned his head to look at us with a determined face, not a single hint of fear behind his eyes.

"You sure?" I asked him, a little scared for him myself. He nodded his head, looking around at the others and nodding as well. I looked toward Kenji but, he seemed annoyed as he clicked his tongue and walked back into the cockpit.

.·:*¨༺🦖༻¨*:·.

The plan was for Matt to swim under the boat and check out what was jamming the propellers. But to make sure we could get him up to the surface in case anything happened, we tied a safety rope around him.