Chapter 4

Adrianna

I shake my wrist as I walk to the fallen alarmed man on the floor.

I see a woman dialing a number quavering as a frightened coats her face. "I suggest you drop that phone, ma'am." I encouraged, finally reaching the server on the floor.

I crouch down, groaning as I feel sore from where he had hit me."If you had handed the phone and card kindly like I had asked, I wouldn't have wasted a such nice bottle of vodka, sir." I take his phone out of his hand and brought his thumb to the finger print, unlocking his phone.

I go to his photos and quickly erase the thousand other photos of cards he had taken previously from others.

Bad, bad man.

I set down his phone and pat him down to find where he had hid the card. Front pocket. I take out the card and turned around.

I notice Mr. Archer in the same place. I quickly apologize to the owner, seeing if I can repay that bottle of vodka I just threw at the wall.

"It's okay, young lady." He grabs my hand, shaking it. "But...this is really disrespectful thing for me to ask. But..." the owner hesitates for a second. "But don't call on the cops on this young boy."

I don't want to be brutal. "But sir, there were thousands of others on his-"

"He...He just needs to find a way to get back on his feet. I'll promise! I promise I'll make sure he won't do it again! But please! Please don't call the cops on him." He begs.

I make eye contact with Mr. Archer. I see a nod from him. "We won't, sir. But if he used any of that money that he used from those photos that he had taken, he must return that money." I remind him. "Or charges will be added and will make it difficult in the future if he continues to do that."

"Thank you! Thank you!" He smiles softly, shaking my hand.

I walk towards Mr. Archer and I hand him his card. I raise my head, meeting his eyes as he peers down at me.

"You alright, Ms. Clarke?" He takes the card, putting it back in his wallet. "It seemed like you took a hit." Glancing down from my face.

"No, I'm good." He hands me my things, my coat, my purse, and my phone. "Thank you." I utter quietly.

"Shall we head out now?" Mr. Archer slides his wallet back into his pocket.

"Yes."

We cross the street as cars were no longer seen and I see my driver that I had ordered. "Have a goodnight, Ms. Clarke."

I turn around as I walk to the passenger side of my car, handing my keys to the driver. "It's morning sir." I say, lifting my wrist and seeing, '4:12'.

"Then," he slides his hands in his pockets, looking to the side, seeing the Boston air that he breathes. "Have a good morning, Ms. Clarke."

"You, too, sir." I get in my car first and he sends me off as we drive away, seeing him in the rear mirror, still standing on the side walk until the car makes a turn.

* * *

I arrive back at my apartment and see almost the sunrise appearing at its horizon.

I glance at my big LED clock on the brick wall and read; 4:42 AM. I should go to work late today, Margret will take over. She'll do fine with the new recruits.

I drop my heels from my hand and kick off my slippers at the door and drop my purse and keys near the kitchen floor. I head towards my couch that is not a normal couch.