chapter 11

Adrianna

"Achoo!"

I suddenly sneeze into my arm.

"You okay?" I turn around and see him wearing glasses as he holds the file in his hand.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I hear the coffee expresso finish as I walk around the kitchen to the counter.

"My mom says if you suddenly sneeze out of nowhere, someone is talking about you."

He pulls out a stool for me as he continues to read the file in his hand. I sit up onto the stool and slide over his coffee.

I take my coffee into my two hands as I patiently wait for him to be finished reviewing.

I ran the research and development team from the very start when I first came into Time Advertise.

It was usually filled with many people as it does take time and long time period of presenting and making new ideas of developing new articles and biographies.

It was first Margret, this other man named Tony, and me in the research and development team. But as Time Advertise grew, the people who held ideas were lots of young people and was applying for this team.

But usually it's Mr. Archer and his team that decides where you fit. Like he did to me.

He suddenly pulls off his glasses and sets them aside and closes the file. "I like this."

"You do?" I suddenly get off track of my train of thought.

"Yes, the idea is bright and targets the people where many people are focusing on right now. This will good change to add. Its a quick problem solver that helps with the other departments so I don't mind. I think this will be a good idea, you just need to send it up to the administrators and we will discuss it then. And-Meow."

We both look at each other as Mr. Harry is sitting on the kitchen counter in between us. "I apologize for my cat but this is Harry." I somewhat introduce my cat to my boss.

"So you have a cat?" a corner of his mouth rises, taking a glance over at me before switching his eyes completely onto Harry.

"Do I not like a cat person?" I take a sip of my coffee.

"You like 'not-an-animal-person' kinda person." he scratches behind Harry's ear.

Out of surprise, Harry closes his eyes and purrs loudly as he nudges his whole body onto Elliot's arm, moving his whole body over to Elliot's body.

Of course, he loves Elliot.

He loved his scent the moment I first touched him.

"I have a cat too," he slides Harry over into his arms.

"Mhm." I sip another, unimpressed.

"Do I not look like a cat person?" he furrows his brows as the edge of his mouth slowly curve into a small smile.

"You look like 'I-don't-have-the-time-to-raise-a-cat kinda type'." I honestly say.

While at that perfect timing, Harry jumps over to my lap as he turns in circles a couple times before he lays on my lap. "So what's your so-called-cat named?"

He rests his elbow onto the counter, shifting his body towards me. "Maple."

"Maple..." I repeat just to myself.

"My sister gifted her to me in Canada." he finally takes a sip of his coffee.

"Mhm." I pet down Harry's body as he slowly purrs to sleep.