chapter 6

Adrianna

"Yeah." I glance back at Margret.

She notices that I was staring somewhere else so she turns around and sees Mr. Archer. "He made it on the news again this week." she sighs as we both stare at him.

"For what?"

"Becoming the youngest billionaire that holds the 'self-made' billionaire." she quotes with her hands.

I never knew how old he is. "How old is he?" I look at Margret.

She grabs her keys out of her purse as she's about to leave. "I think he's 23 or 24. He's pretty young, younger than us." she sighs as she feels the distance from him. "I want to be young again..." she sighs.

"You can think like that but just not physically." I say.

She looks at me before walking away. "Bye. Adrianna." she says through her clenched teeth as she waves, walking away.

I roll my eyes as I stagger my way to the elevator as Mr. Archer also reaches the elevator too. But I pretend I don't see him.

I feel around my pockets and realize I left my phone on my desk. The elevator doors opens but I wait to let Mr. Archer and Kyle to walk in but they both wait, looking at me. "You may step in first." Kyle holds the door open.

I limp inside as Kyle and Mr. Archer get in. "Floor?" Mr. Archer asks me, his eyes glance down at me.

"Floor 12."

I notice him press him press floor 19 and realized that they're heading to the meeting room.

There's a total of 23 floors, with the first 3 floors having food courts, cafe's, and just a lobby. With the remains of 20 floors they are departments except the 20th and 19th floor. Those floors were fully owned by Mr. Archer who also runs the 18 departments of this company as he also is the founder.

My floor was the 12th floor and I run that entire department, being the head of the department. "You seem to be limping, Ms. Clarke." A nice and gentle voice comes from beside me.

"Was I?" I tuck the bandages into my sleeve.

His strong gaze seemed to be staring at the back of my head for a long time. "Yes." his voice that was the only controlled voice in the elevator.

"Did you hurt your foot by any chance?" Kyle's voice suddenly entered.

I don't even understand the big deal of a foot here. "No. Just the heels, its a everyday thing." I answered as I met Mr. Archer's gaze.

The doors opened and I quickly step out, saying goodbye, before turning around and walking down the hall.

I reach my office and I throw my heels off. I notice the insides of one of my heel had blood stained all over. "Fuck..." I toss the heel aside, knowing I have to get new ones later.

I throw the old and bloody bandages in the trash as I cut some new bandages. I simply wrap it unprofessionally as I go ahead and slide my heels back in and finish my work again.

A good hour had passed as I fixed one report that is finally sent.

I reach for my coffee and see that nothing was no longer coming out. I forgot to get coffee. I need coffee. "Now who's the one addicted to coffee..." I mutter to myself, leaving my office once again.

I barely keep myself standing as I walk to the door. I underestimated myself, thinking I could wear heels today.

Once I step out of the office and out to the hall, I bump into someone but I don't see them as I just hover. I lean more pressure onto my hurt foot. My back arches a bit as I grab my thigh, leaning forward.