chapter 8

Adrianna

It's been a couple of weeks as normal days, stressful days, and nothing-but-boring days pass, Jere and I haven't talked in these couple of weeks.

Maybe even longer.

I sent him a couple of messages, seeing if work is really catching up on him but it's been happening so often, I don't even know...why I'm still with him.

We're just like...two simple strangers with a past with each other.

It's like we mean nothing to each other. Our relationship hasn't gone anywhere from affection that hasn't happened in months.

The last time we probably ever had sex was probably...8 months ago. I haven't been touched for so long that lately it's been getting to me.

I check my period app and see that my period is coming in about two weeks.

I throw my work glasses across my desk as I rest my elbows on the surface, gripping my hair.

I admit.

I'm currently sexually frustrated.

Very horny. Every second my legs cross without intention as feeling of a hot urge fills the pool on my panties. I'm grown ass adult in my late-twenties.

I shouldn't be this frustrated. Especially at this age.

A knock comes at my door and Margot pops her head in. "Meeting in two, Ms. Clarke."

Oh, I forgot. The board meeting. "Right..." I sigh. "I'll follow right behind you, Margot."

She nods as she leaves as I, gather my shit together. Getting my mind back to reality and not stupid horny thoughts as I pull my hair up and grab the file for today's meeting.

Once I get to the meeting room, I see Margot waiting outside of the door. "Why aren't you inside yet, Margot?" I ask as I approach her.

"Just made a phone call with my sister and her baby." she smiles as she shows me a picture of the two.

"Let's head in." I smile as I walk in first.

I take my seat as I notice Elliot come in soon after. I inhale sharply as I slowly cross my legs tightly as I make eye contact with Elliot.

I think of something else as I look towards the wall and think of Jere and that immediately turns me off. I gather myself before I hear Elliot start the meeting sending a brief smile towards me.

And I, send one back.

* * *

The meeting ends without any further details as me and Margot briefly go over some of our discussions as everyone else leaves.

We soon leave the meeting room as we walk towards the elevators.

"My sister said that I finally get to have a day off from watching her baby. So, you know what time it is?" Margot nudges my arm.

"No. I do not."

"Girl's night, woman. Lighten up, we are going get drinks and get drunk as fuc—"

"Watch your language in work, Margot." I cut her off.

"So you in, Ms. Clarke?" she raised her voice with a pitch.

"I'll go. But I'm not going to take your drunk ass—drunk self anywhere than the bar." I almost let a curse slip out.

"Oh, I love you, Adrianna." she hugs me from the side with her full arms wrapped around me as I see the elevator to close.