006. white arrows

★。\|/。★↳🌫️- OUR SILHOUETTES — chapter six-༉‧₊˚✧★。/|\。★

★。\|/。★
↳🌫️- OUR SILHOUETTES — chapter six-༉‧₊˚✧
★。/|\。★

╰┈➤ 🏹❝ [written by anna] ❞

(unedited)

HELPLESS IN A WORLD that had longed left you to fend alone in the den of vipers, Like a fallen angel with it's wings clipped, a bird encapsulated within an iron clad cage, Evangeline felt the dramatic metaphors were not a mere ruse to blind the fools.

She'd wore corsets before, on special occasions during her time working— but those days that deemed special enough for a corset, was scarce. She'd could care more feverently about the gossips spewed from the small minded minds of the town, but Agatha's colourful words had deter her mind greatly.

She tugged on the corset, hoping within out of eyesight of the red-haired Professor— to allow her lungs to work and perhaps send some oxygen to her brain. Her lips pulled in an irk curl, her head tilted downward as her hand continues to tug on the laces that binds her.

Evangeline was walking, she didn't look where she went. All that she knew was she needed to breathe and that she was late. Never mind a passing stranger who also appears lost in deep furrow.

Before neither knew it, they'd stumble upon one another. With her hands that fumbled behind her helplessly, her whole body forfeited to the fall. In the nick of time— as if her life couldn't have begun as such of a fairytale, a hand. Two hands, went and shoot itself upwards to steady her.

His hands landed on her waist, steadying her on her foot. She looked up at his face, a smile had graced his lips, a glint of pride for his saviour antics shone. A mask for one's holy pride.

"Excuse me," Evangeline yelped.

"Careful there, my lady." He breathed. His lips curled, somewhat satisfied.

When he seemed to be staring longer than he supposed to, Evangeline cleared her throat, her palm already on the back of his hand that still latched onwards her waist. Slowly she removed his touch, backing away once free.

She flicked her hair back and adjusted the few fly away pieces that latched on her nose.

"Thank you."

"You're not from around here, are you?" He asked, his brow furrow and head tilted to bask in the dim light of the hallway.

Evangeline stood up straighter, "No, I am not."

"Ah, a reader then." He said and Evangeline grimaced at the tittle given.

"Would everyone be calling me that?" She asked, her hands landed squared on her waist.