009. magic book, oh magic book

★。\|/。★↳🌫️- OUR SILHOUETTES — chapter nine-༉‧₊˚✧★。/|\。★

★。\|/。★
↳🌫️- OUR SILHOUETTES — chapter nine-༉‧₊˚✧
★。/|\。★

╰┈➤ 🏹❝ [written by anna] ❞

(mortifyingly unedited)

The wind quarrelled with the fabric of her dress and Evangeline felt her self tip to the side before being secured by Agatha's iron grip. They were only a few steps ahead on the seemingly invisible stairs where they are servants to fear.

A strangled scream broke out. Slicing the quiet night like a cake.

Both heads pivot towards the sound, catching the sight of blonde hair, all familiar— dangling by the side of the castle as her cries fill the space.

Evangeline nearly knocked herself down as she staggered back and covered her mouth in palpable shock. Faltered her steps on the stairs as their necks crane up.

"Is that?" The question lingered in the air, with an answer that is foreboding. Evangeline features a crestfallen tragedy. Her brows furrowed and lips downturned in worry.

"Oh my god, it's Sophie!" Agatha was the one who answered. Her voice not much different from her fear-clad tone. 

The blonde cascade of hair soon disappeared from sight, Sophie must've given a good fight for a knife was suddenly thrown to the ground, maiming the flower that grew between the cracks.

Distant shouts of protest and groans could be heard echoing the longs distance. Now, hanging from the terrace was coal black hair, curly and unruly.

Bone cracking and cries of cruelty was heard. Quickly the two step off the invisible stairs. Relief began flooding through when the ground their feet is planted on is something the eye can see, yet all the same —fear and worry for their friend grew increasingly.

"Sophie!" Evangeline and Agatha managed to spurt out at the same time.

Their eyes met in a warm embrace.

Agatha began swinging her arms above her, a twitch of her lips yet eyes drowned in worry. Evangeline was speechless for reasons unknown, she could only merit a smile halfhearted for the girl whose face was a beacon of hope.

Sophie's blonde hair whisked away from the terrace and soon as the seconds tick by to minutes the familiar smile and fluff of golden hair was at the entrance of the Castle— grinning, the girl enveloped the two in a bone crushing hug.

Evangeline realised then, this was the first time since they were dragged through the dirt and flown through the night sky that they were all together. First time since stepping into her new reality, Evangeline felt so secure. Here, in their arms.