yuletide master

"Fish and sticks, two things nature never would've put together." My friend, Cory Matthews says as he waves his fish sticks in mine and Shawn Hunter, my boyfriend and his best friend's faces. I've known Shawn and Cory since I was 9, three years ago I moved to Philadelphia and was greeted by these two and instantly fell in love with Shawn. He's so sweet and funny I just love him so much.
"What'd you guys get?" He asks, Shawn opens his brown paper bag, "Peanut butter and jelly. What about you Cass?" "I hate school lunch and I forgot to make a lunch this morning, so nothing." I chuckle, I actually chose not to eat, eating makes me feel nauseous and I don't even get that hungry feeling so there's really no point in wasting food.

"Cass, you said that yesterday too." Shawn says, "Yeah well Feeny has gave us a lot of homework and I've been super stressed about it that's all." I come up with a quick lie, "Feeny hasn't gave us homework." Shawn questions, "Yeah he has Shawn, we just don't do it." Cory laughs which makes Shawn sway away from my lunch issue.

"Major Christmas update," Cory begins gloating, I can tell this is going to make Shawn uncomfortable. Shawn comes from pretty much nothing, he lives at a trailer park, his parents barely make any money and it really upsets him when Cory brags, but he never says anything because he wants to be a good friend.

"I think I got my real leather NBA regulation basketball." Cory smiles, "Oo, major gift." Shawn says, "Yeah, so major a gift I've been saving up to buy my gift and gift." Cory basically giggles, "What do you possibly get a basketball?" I ask. He holds up 5 dollars, "Five dollar, top of the line imitation nylon net." "Woah you have 5 bucks?" Shawn says more amazed about that than the ball, "I've been saving up for a month!" "Let's go buy it after school." I say trying to avoid going home right away, "I can't, it'll tip off my parents that I know what I got." Cory says, "You my friend are a Yuletide master." Shawn says chuckling.

"So, uh, what's the update at your house?" Cory asks Shawn, uh-oh, "Me? Hey, Bob Stubcheck's sports world has to send over a truck with all the stuff my dad got me." Shawn starts as he legs begin to bounce, "He got me like everything." He takes a sip of milk and I rest my hand on his knee under the table to let him know it's okay, "That's great!" Cory says happily, "Yeah, my dad totally came through this year. Cass, what about you?" He quickly changes the subject.

"Oh, I'm not sure what I got. I asked for a few things, they usually get me one or two of the things I wanted." I say softly, "But your dad is like super rich, you should get like everything." Cory says, "He doesn't like to spend money, he's a saver and he's not into Christmas, my mom loves it though." I say, Cory and Shawn nod, "Makes sense." Shawn says.

My dad is the owner of the most successful bank in Philadelphia, everyone seems to know that now and it's really drawn a lot of attention, but I only like Cory and Shawn, they were my friends before they knew about my dad. We were 9 and they didn't even care to know, I'm glad I have them.

"Speaking of gifts, I believe you haven't yet chipped in your 5 dollars for the class present to Mr. Feeny." The school nerd, Stuart Minkus comes over and says to Shawn, "Tomorrow." He quickly says getting nervous, "You said that yesterday." Minkus says. "Come on Shawn, don't think of it as 5 dollars for Feeny's present. Think of it as 5 bucks to make Minkus go away." Cory says, Shawn is getting stressed, "Actually, Shawn, you told me to hold your money remember? Because you didn't want to lose it." I make up something as I hold up 5 dollars, "Oh yeah, right, stupid me." Shawn chuckles and takes the 5 handing it to Minkus, "Good day." Minkus snatched it and walks away.

He rubs my knee under the table and I put my hand on top of his, no one knows how Shawn lives and I promised him I'd never tell or judge him, and I don't. I love him and I'm glad he can trust me.

++

"You didn't have to do that for me." Shawn says as he's walking me home, "I'll do anything for you Shawny, I lo-care about you, a lot." I almost slip up and tell him I love him, that would've been bad. "I care about you too, a lot." He smiles at me as he fixes his hair. "I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask as we stand in front of my house, "Of course. Everyday since we started 6th grade I've came to pick you up, you don't even have to ask." Shawn smiles and kisses my cheek, "See you tomorrow." He says as he walks three houses over to Cory's.

I hurry inside before my parents get home, they'd kill me if they seen me with a boy, especially Shawn Hunter. My Dad hate the Hunters, he's so judgmental, he's just a mean man.

++

The final bell rings, it's Christmas break; I'm not looking forward to it. I meet Shawn outside of school to give him his gift.

"Shawny, I got you something." I say happily to him, "Oh, Cass, you didn't have to." He gets nervous, "Shawn, I do every year! Come on you know I love giving gifts." I hold out the small wrapped up box, "What is it?" He looks at me as I'm grinning ear to ear, "Open it!" I jump up and down excitedly, Shawn is holding back his smile as he opens up the silver chain he's been staring at every time we go to the mall.

"Cass, this was so expensive. Why did you get this for me?" "Shawny, because you deserve it. You're so kind and you're always there for me, I wanted to get you something nice and you always look at this when we go to the mall with Cory." I explain, he bear hugs me, "I'm never taking this off, thank you so much."

"You're welcome honey." I look up at him, still hugging his torso, he looks down at me, his eyes moving from my eyes to my lips my eyes doing the same to him, we kiss, finally on the lips. It was good, really good.

We both pull back from the kiss smiling, "Woah." We both say in sync, "Can you come to my place?" Shawn asks, "You know my dad doesn't let me stay out after school Shawny." I frown, "But it's Christmas break! Come on just ask." He begs, "Come to my house at 6:30, I'll sneak out." I compromise, "Oo sneaking out, what a bad kid you're becoming." He teases, "Oh shut up." I nudge him as he walks me back to my house.

"When you come back, don't stand in front of my house, go to Cory's, I'll meet you there." I say to him as we stand in front of my house, he nods, "See you later." He smiles and kisses me one more time.

I stop dead in my tracks as I see my dad standing in the front window, oh no, how much did he see.

++

It worked out that my dad punished me now I'm suppose to be in bed by 4:30, which means they won't come check on me when I sneak out to see Shawn.

"Goodnight mommy, goodnight daddy." I say softly excusing myself from the living room where I was being forced to watch 'Leave It To Beaver' with my parents.

My dad only seen Shawn walking away, he didn't see a kiss or anything, which was really good or else I'd be dead.

I sit silently in my room for two hours so my parents believe I'm asleep. I quickly change from my pajamas into a black cropped tank and boyfriend style jeans accompanied by my doc martens then I gently open my window sneaking out slyly.

I meet Shawn outside of Cory's giving him a big hug, he squeezes me in my sore spots on my back but I hold in any signs of pain. Nothing is bruised yet I checked just to make sure Shawn didn't see. I don't like to tell Shawn about my problems, mine are so small compared to his and I don't want to burden him.

"Woah, tight hug, what's wrong? You only do those when you're sad." Shawn says whilst walking me to his place, "I just missed you." "It's only been a couple of hours. You miss me already?" He smiles, "Of course, I especially miss this," I turn in front of him and kiss him. He smirks, "I missed that too." I didn't fully lie, I did miss him, but he was right, I was sad.

++

We spend the whole night in Shawn's room making out and dry humping each other, there's so much sexual tension but we are too young to even know where to start. "Cass, I need a minute." Shawn says to me breathy, I get off the top of him, I giggle at what is revealed, "It's never got like this before." He says as he leans back on his palms, "Well, I should get going anyway." I look over at his alarm clock beside his bed, "It's already 9." "I'll walk you home." Shawn stands up, "No Shawny, it's okay. It's only two blocks away." I kiss him one more time, "I'll call you." "Before bed every night, you call me, I know." He smiles up at me, "Bye Shawny." I leave his house and begin walking home.

++

I finally crawl back through my window, change back into my pajamas and sneak downstairs to call Shawn.

"Hi Shawny." I say quietly, "Goodnight." I say to him, "Goodnight Cass." "I love you." We both say at the same time, "What?" I ask shocked, "I love you Cass." My cheeks hurt from smiling so wide, "I love you too Shawn." "Goodnight." He says before hanging up.

I could squeal I'm so excited. I hurry back to my room and plop into my bed, I love Shawn Patrick Hunter and he loves me back!

{s1}