unkissed face

"Shawny, are you crying?" I ask him as Topanga walks away. "I've lost him." He says, "Shawn, I said I'd do this fashion fest while Topanga and I were still together!" Cory exclaims. "I can't believe you two broke up." I sigh; right after winter break ended, Cory and Topanga broke up. They said they lost the flare? It didn't make sense to me, Cory and Topanga are made for each other! I hope they get back together soon. "Yeah." Cory also sighs. "You've got to move on." Shawn eggs him on, "So you'd move on if we broke up?" I ask, in slight disbelief. "We're never breaking up." Shawn says, causing me to smile. "I've moved on, Shawn." Cory defends himself, "So, you'd be willing to go on a double date? Me, Cass. You and Melissa!" Shawn calls out the first girl that walks by. "Yes?" She asks, looking at me then Shawn, "Want to go out with me, Cassie and Cory tonight?" He asks and she looks over at Cory with a smile, "Sure." She says, walking away. "Great, you'll pick her up and meet us at Chubbies, right?" Shawn asks. Cory looks like a nervous wreck, "Yeah, great." He says with a forced smile just as the bell rings. "See you later, Cor." I say gently to him as Shawn guides me away towards first period.

++

"So glad you two could make it." I say to Cory and Melissa as they slide into the booth Shawn and I have taken over. "Back to where we were." Shawn says before we start making out again. Mid-makeout session my ears are penetrated with the sounds of Cory's pathetic rambling, just then Shawn pulls away; he hears it too. "Are you two going to keep talking? I can't hear myself kiss." Shawn huffs. "Uh, Cassie. Can I talk to you?" Melissa asks me and nods towards the girls bathroom, "Uh, sure." I say and look to Shawn quickly as I slide out of the booth and follow Melissa to the bathroom.

"Is Cory always like this?" She asks immediately, leaning against the sink. "Yup, except Topanga likes it and talks back." I chuckle, "So it's not me?" She asks, turning to look at her face in the mirror. "Totally not you. Cory is just awkward." I sigh, "If you want him to shut up, just kiss him. I'm hopeful it will work because I just want to makeout with my boyfriend in peace." I tease her, "Come out whenever you're ready." I pat her back gently and walk back out to the boys. "What happened?" Shawn asks, "Tell you later." I say before starting the makeout session again while Cory has no one to talk to.

++

"You shook her hand?" Shawn exclaims as Cory sits down at our lunch table, "How did you know that?" Cory asks, shocked. "By your unkissed face!" Shawn says, pointing at him. "Kissed face," he points at himself, "Unkissed face." He points back to Cory. "Alright, leave him alone." I say, pulling Shawn's arm down, holding it in my lap. "No, he needs to just move on. Kiss other people, be a free man!" Shawn sounds a little too excited. I let go of his arm; he doesn't notice the change in body language. "Hey Cory." Melissa comes up to him, "Hi, Melissa." "When am I going to see you again?" She asks, "You want to see me again?" Cory is shocked, so isn't Shawn. "Yes, I really like you and I like how you didn't try to kiss me like most guys would." She smiles, "I'll see you tonight." Cory smiles and she nods, walking away.

"Teach me the handshake!" Shawn pleads, "Shawn, you have a girlfriend." Cory chuckles, nervously. "I want to use the handshake on her, duh." Shawn chuckles; that's not how the handshake works.

++

"Shawny, I don't like the way you've been acting. It seems like you want to be the one going on the dates." I say as he walks me home from school. "Cass, what do you mean?" "Shawny, you've been saying things that make me feel like nothing. About how you go about things like you've been with multiple girls. Shawn, have you cheated on me?" I ask, my heart in my stomach. "Cass, why would you say that?" "Because that's how you're treating me." Just then I feel snowflakes land in my eyelashes, "Shawn, you better go. It's about to snow hard. Get home safe." I say, walking inside.

Later that night as I lay, staring at the ceiling I heard small taps on my window. I get up and peek down; it's Shawn. "Shawny?" I whisper as I open the window. "There's a blizzard out there, why are you here?" I exclaim, still whispering. "I don't care about the weather. I care about you. The only girl I've ever felt this for. Yeah, I've thought about going on dates with other people but it's not your fault. We've been together since we were kids and I don't want to change any of that but my mind wanders." He confesses. "Are you breaking up with me?" I choke out, "No, I love you, Cass. I will always love you," His lip quivers from the cold. "Shawny, get in here." I sigh, moving from my window so he can climb up.

As soon as he gets in and closes my window I wrap my blanket around him. "Sit." I instruct, pointing to my bed. "Shawn, do you want to see other people?" I huff. "We've only ever been with each other for years. You've never wondered what it would be like to see other people?" Shawn asks and I shake my head, tears brimming my waterline. "Cass, don't cry." He says, dropping the blanket from his shoulders, standing up and pulling me into a hug. "Shawn," I gently pulled from his embrace, "Are we breaking up?" I ask, no answer, "Shawn," I repeat, choking down tears, "I think you should go." I say, turning away from him, leaning on my desk as tears pour from my eyes. "Cassidy, I love you.." I hear Shawn's voice crack. "Turner once said, when you fall in love with someone, you aren't interested in anyone else. If you are, you aren't in love." I say, turning to face him, seeing tears flow from his eyes; Shawn never cries. "You should go." I sigh, "No. I didn't fall in love with you because I needed someone in my life. I fell in love with you because you make me feel worth it every single day which is an emotion that I never thought I'd ever feel. All I thought my life was full of was sadness, pain, loneliness with the occasional happiness but every single day, since I met you, you've shown me my worth, you show me the love that I deserve and I vow to give that back to you for the rest of my life." Shawn rants, still in a low tone so my parents don't wake up. I'm choking on my own tears, "Cass," He says, pulling me into his embrace. "I love you, I don't want anyone else." He reassures me, "I promise." "I love you, Shawny." "I know." He says softly. "I know."

{s3}