surprise!

"You called her Topanga?" I ask in shock as Cory tells us about his sixth date this week. "You're really bad with names. Do what I do and write them on the palm of your hand," Shawn says before glancing down at his palm, "Cory." "No, the problem is, no matter how many girls I go out with I still end up thinking about Topanga." Cory explains. "Well, be like me and just stay with one, forever." Shawn says, wrapping his arm around me. "Don't you two get sick of each other after a while?" Cory asks and I look at Shawn. "No, I mean he's made me really upset once or twice but I still love him wholeheartedly." I explain. "I've been in love with Cass before I knew what it was." Shawn says, kissing my temple. "Sick." Cory gags. "Oh hush." I nudged him, "Why'd you break up with Pang anyway?" I ask, "I don't know, I thought we could just be friends like you and I are but everytime I see her I want to hug her, hold her-" "Squeeze her and not let her go?" Shawn finishes, "Exactly." Cory sighs, "How do you think she feels about you?" Shawn asks, "I will ask." Cory says just as Topanga walks into the room, "Hey, Pang." I say, "Hi Itty." "Hi, Topanga." "Hi Cory." She speaks cheerfully. "Good luck." I mouth to Cory as I sit down in my seat next to Shawn.

Just as I thought, Cory doesn't ask her. He is saved by Turner walking in and starting his class, "Remember the papers for the environmental essay awards I had you write at the beginning of the year?" He asks, leaning on his desk. "Oh yeah, finished mine last night Mr. Turner!" Shawn exclaims and hands him his paper. "You let him get away with this one, Cass?" Turner asks me, "Hey, you're more to blame than me." I tease. "Anyway, here are our winners. The following students who are going to Walt Disney World in Orlando are: Cassidy Young, Topanga Lawrence, Kristen Hoffman, Ronnie Waterman," "Lips Waterman." I hear Shawn and Cory mutter in sync. "Uh, Mr. Turner, do you think you can give my win to someone else? I've been to Disney plenty of times and I think I'd rather stay home." I ask, nervously. "No, Shawn will be fine without you for a week." Turner teases. "You guys leave tomorrow morning, you will meet here and a shuttle will take you four to the airport." Mr. Turner explains.

++

"Shawny, are you sure you're okay with this?" I ask for the millionth time, "Yes babe! Go have fun." "Disney isn't even fun!" I insist, "Cass, go. It's fine." Shawn smiles at me, I sigh, "Fine." I give in, "I'll miss you." "You won't have to miss me." Shawn says, holding back a cheeky smile, "What did you do?" "Nothing, nothing. It's just I'll call you everyday and you won't have to miss me." He explains. "I feel like there's more to that but I'll let you have your fun." I tease him before he gives me a small kiss. "I love you, see you tomorrow before you go." "I love you, Shawny. See you tomorrow." Just as I turn to walk to my house I turn back to call for Shawn, "Shawny, meet me in my room?" I ask and he jogs back over, "See you in ten." He smirks and goes to climb up the side of my house.

"Mommy, daddy?" I ask for them as soon as I walk in. "Your dad isn't home." My mom says from the living room. "Oh, I won a trip to Disney and I leave tomorrow." I inform her and she nods, "Turner called this afternoon." "Shawn is also upstairs." I say, nervously. "Your dad will be home in an hour." She says, waving me off and I hurry upstairs.

"We have an hour." I say to Shawn and we immediately get down to business. "We haven't done this in so long, I forgot how good it was." Shawn says as he grips my hips. "Shh." I shush him as I continue.

"You're really leaving." Shawn says as he carries my bag to the main office, "Yup, just remember last night if you get too lonely." I whisper and he wipes a smirk off his face, "Don't remind me of that right now." He whispers back to me. "I'll see you in a week, okay?" "Okay, I'll be right here when you get back." Shawn says, giving me a big tight hug, "I love you." I say into his chest as I embrace him just as tight. "Okay, love birds don't break each other's spines." Turner interrupts, "I'll take good care of him while you're gone." Turner teases, "You better." I joke back. "Cass, I love you." Shawn says again, "I love you too, Shawny." I say before getting onto the bus.

"You're gonna be okay without Shawn?" Topanga asks me as she sits down next to me, "Yeah. You gonna be okay without Cor?" "Yeah, he's moved on anyway and I'm gonna make this trip about me." Topanga forcefully smiles. "I'm proud of you." I say as she rests her head on my shoulder, "It's been hard." She huffs. "I know, T." I say, grabbing her hand gently. "Girls trip, let's not worry about our boys." I insist, "I'd love that." Topanga says, lifting her head revealing a huge smile. "Cassidy and Topanga, no Shawn or Cory." I smile. I already miss Shawn.

++

I think I said the boys' names a little too loud. "Shawny?" I ask as I see him and Cory standing by the waterfall, "Cass!" Shawn exclaims and runs over to me, scooping me up into a big hug, "Shawny, how did you get here and how long have you been here?" I ask, still in shock. "We got here the night after you guys did. My uncle Nicky got us tickets. Mostly for Cory, he wants to get Topanga back." Shawn explains. "Have you seen her with Ronnie?" Cory asks me, "Yeah, they went on the dumbo ride together." "What?" Cory screams, making me chuckle, "I'm kidding. It's just been me and her doing everything together." "Where is she now?" Cory asks and I turn, pointing at Topanga slowly walking over, "Cory Matthews?" "Um, Shawn and I are gonna go. I'll let you two talk." I say, grabbing Shawn's hand and walking away. "Shawny, you've been here for two days and didn't find me?" I ask as we walk around Epcot. "Cass, you were having fun and I didn't want you to think I came here because I didn't trust you. It was all Cory wanting to see Topanga and I didn't want him to go alone and I knew I'd miss you too much so I came with him." Shawn explains, "Oh, Shawn." I gush and hug him, "Thank you for doing all this but I wish you would've told me days ago. I would've loved to spend this trip with you instead of sad Topanga and Kristen thinking Cory wants her." I roll my eyes.

As we make our way back around the Epcot ball, we find Cory and Topanga kissing each other which then leads to Shawn and I cheering for them. "Did you know about this?" Topanga asks me, "Not a clue." I smile, "I guess our boys always do come through." Topanga says, "Yeah, they do." I smile and look up at Shawn.

I love him with all of me, I can't believe he flew here for me and for his best friend to get the love of his life back; Shawn is an amazing person and friend. I made the right decision.

{s3}