Storkules in Duckburg

Author's Note: Hello, hope you all had a good Christmas. And a happy New Years. I'm glad I managed to get this out before the year ended (at least, where I live). Sorry, this was meant to be published last week, but on Sunday I got hit with a horrible sickness that's lasted till today (doing much better now, mainly recovering) so I wasn't able to finish the chapter on time. Thankfully, I finally got it out.

Here's my drawing for this week: a double picture. A comparison of young Richard and present Richard. It was a challenge I did for myself a few weeks back. Noticeable, there's writing—lore points for each section—but I covered them so you guys don't get spoiled. And yes, there's a child and teen drawing of Richard to the left, but I consider them spoilers (as we haven't talked about those years fully, yet) so those appearances will be hidden for now.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Till next time :]

~

Music played from the radio and Louie grabbed his slides. In front of him were Scrooge and Richard, the former sitting in his study chair and the latter leaning against it.

"Introducing...Louie, Incorporated! Incorporated," he whispered the last word to mimic an echo. "It's a business. It's a dream. It's a movement." He threw the drawn slide away, presenting the next one with pictures taped on. "Suit. Ties. Charts. Numbers. Yachts. Jet-skis." He flew past the slides, stating what the taped pictures were. He stopped at the second to last slide that held a taped $20 bill, "You?" The green duckling popped his head through the last slide, "Louie, Incorporated! It's a dream, business, movement."

The music switched off. Richard clapped.

"I enjoyed the drawings and images."

"Did you just do an internet search for the word 'business?'" Scrooge poked.

"That's a trade secret." The answer was yes.

Scrooge picked up the handmade pamphlet, peering at it. Richard focused in on it, moving his head close.

"So is it...some kind of lemonade stand or...?"

"It's a dream of tomorrow made manifest today." Unimpressed, Scrooge dropped the pamphlet and slid it back to the boy. "Okay, so there are some things I haven't figured out yet."

"Like what your business sells, does, and is."

"Including the prices, your target audience, manufacturing, and how it represents you," Richard continued the list.

"Sure, yeah, but...this business is everything to me. I want to be a successful businessman like you two, 'cause you're like, my idols, and..." he held up a drawing depicting the two uncles and him, "possibly angel investors?" Louie gave a large, innocent smile.

Richard mimicked his nephew's smile, "Haha, no." It was not lost on the celebrity that the little duckling was trying to pull at their heartstrings. Richard supported the boy in his dreams of creating a successful business, but if he was to financially support him then he needed proof there was real thought put into it.

"You cannae just set out to make money," Scrooge reprimanded. "You have to find a problem and offer a solution."

"My problem is, I need money. And if you two would just give it to me already, problem solution."

The Brit chuckled at his insistence. Scrooge shook his head and stood up, "Louie, Louie, Louie." The three stopped at his windows, peering down at the boat in the pool, "Look at your Uncle Donald. He saw that there was a housing shortage in Duckburg, so he's renting out the spare room in his houseboat. Problem, solution. He's helping people, and–Is he stealing my chandelier? Oi!"