The Outlaw Scrooge McDuck

Author's Note: Eat, I have brought food. Thanks for waiting, I got super busy with school and all the finals. And update, I got a job last month. It's cool, but it did take away more hours from me writing. Sadly, I don't get out till the end of this month. But I'm going to try my hardest to update quicker. It's all about finding and planning free time. I had a lot of fun writing this one.

Here's the drawing. Young Richard who ignored the hole's ladder and used the rope, Scrooge shouting at him for doing so.

And a bonus:

My first ever fan-art! AHHHH! Rad, a fan of the story, commented over on AO3 about wanting to draw Richard

My first ever fan-art! AHHHH! Rad, a fan of the story, commented over on AO3 about wanting to draw Richard. We got in contact through discord and they presented me with this beauty. I am incredible honored someone would want to illustrate my own character, for free! Just because they wanted to! Shoutout to Rad, you're amazing and you made my day.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Till next time :]

~

McDuck Manor was unusually quiet today. The family had split up into pairs or went solo with their plans. Louie was relaxing on the couch, watching his favorite show.

"Welcome to the all new 'Ottoman Empire'!" Johnny appeared on the TV screen, sitting on a brown chair, but without his brother. "I'm Johnny, the brains of the outfit. And also the handsome one, because certain co-hosts think that I'm in the way of him becoming a star," there was obvious anger and resentment in his voice, his arms folding. He quickly moved on though, waving his hands outward. "But you know what they say: when the going gets tough..." he closed his mouth. "I actually don't know Randy's half of the catchphrase."

"Louie!" Scrooge came into the room with a stack of cards in hand. "I've got something for ya! There was a printing error on these business cards, so I got them for free!" his pitch heightened in glee. "You can just cross out the 'Scrooge' and 'Mc' and fill in with your own name and company, eh?"

"First of all, what is a business card? And secondly, I'm kind of over the whole 'Louie Incorporated' thing," the boy confessed.

Scrooge was taken aback. "But I thought you were off to patent your...eh...what was it? Car bed?"

"Oh, the Nap-and-Go? Yeah, I had to scrap it."

"Did someone else claim the idea first?"

"Nope."

"Ah, so you found a design flaw you couldn't work around?"

"Nope."

Scrooge slumped.

Then, he had a realization. Annoyance bled into his tone, "Was there a line at the Patent office?"

Louie rolled his eyes, "Bugh, at least five people deep! I realized it just wasn't worth it."

"Iron my own gyles!" Scrooge cried out in frustration. "You're dropping all your hopes and dreams at the first sign of an obstacle!?"

Louie laughed, "Classic Louie."