What Ever Happened to Della Duck?

Author's Note: Hello, it's been a while. Sorry about that, I got hit with a writer's block. I had debated whether to skip this episode or not, but decided on writing a short chapter on Richard and his siblings. That way you guys can meet them and learn more of how they acted when alive. I'll most likely do this type of chapter when future episodes don't involve Richard in any way.

Here's the drawing for this chapter. I finally got to draw the siblings. When Richard shows his favorite photoshoot that they did together, it's this one. I'll definitely draw them from other decades as well. Fun fact: I searched up 1990s Leonardo DiCaprio for Johnny's hair—nice inspiration.

Till next time :]

~

As everyone settled into the new year, and the farther away they got from December, Richard was slowly coming out of his cycle. They all noticed it and were happy that the man was feeling better; however, they made sure to comfort him and let him know his feelings were valid. To Richard, despite the emotionally turbulent adventure and yearly grief, it was the best Christmas he'd had in more than a decade.

Today was a relatively normal day, with everyone doing their own tasks. The children were lounging around the TV room, another episode of the Ottoman Empire playing.

Their heads turned as the door opened. Richard peeked into the room and sent the kids a smile. "Everything alright here? Do you children need anything?"

On these days, it was normal for the uncle to check in on the ducklings. Louie was kept in line by the others whenever the duck asked; they didn't want him to take advantage of the offers.

Before Louie could talk, Huey closed his beak. "No, we're good, Uncle Richard."

"Alright then. See you again in a bit."

"Wait!"

Richard paused, the door almost closed. He pushed it open once more and raised a brow at Webby. "Yes?"

The girl held an excited grin, "Can you tell us another story about your siblings?"

Since the revelation, the kids–spurred on by the girl–took to asking the Brit about his family. They hoped talking about them would let him enjoy the old memories instead of being haunted by them. The first time they asked, Richard froze and stared at the ducklings in shock. At first, they thought they had made a mistake and were about to apologize, but a glint of hope shined in his eyes as he slowly nodded. Now, whenever the man had free time and they were all in the mood, he would recount whatever memory first came to mind.

"Are you sure?" he asked (a question he always repeated at the request). "Are you not watching that show?"

The TV turned off. "What show?" Richard stared at the remote Louie held in his hands, the boy not attempting to hide it.

"Your stories are so much more fun to hear about, Uncle Richard!" Dewey claimed, a wide grin on him. He quickly patted the space next to him, wanting the man there.

A small smile appeared on Richard's beak, relenting to the kids. He fully entered the room and sat next to Dewey. The kids rearranged themselves, facing their uncle.

With their rapt attention on him, the man hummed in thought. "What story should I share with you today?"

"A key memory!" Huey shouted out.

"Don't tell us you're already forgetting stories," Louie teased.

Richard smirked at the youngest triplet, "No need to worry. I can recall many. My memory is a strong one, I do not forget many things." His eyes roamed over the kids, "But if I were to tell you about one, I suppose I would go with how we built our company."