Chapter 2

It was Friday morning, birds were twitting Good morning as the beloved 9-year old Princess Athanasia woke up.

"ah~ it's another morning in this palace. Another day, more time to 'spend time' with my so-called Father. " Athanasia said in her mind as she rolled her eyes.

Lily enters Athy's room.

"Good morning my beautiful Princess!"

Lily said as she smiled brightly.

"Good morning Lily!!" Athy greeted happily as her mood brightened up.

Athanasia gets up, takes a bath, dresses up and went out of her room to have breakfast with Claude.

Athanasia enters the garden in her usual eating spot with Claude.

"Good morning Father!" without even bowing to the sun of the Empire.

"Good morning Athanasia." Claude greeted her back with a small smile.

Without even formally greeting the Emperor, AKA her father, Claude wasn't upset because this was absolutely normal when their in private.

Breakfast was finished, time went by and all Athanasia does while waiting for Claude was either play, walk around the garden but most of the times, read books about magic and mana.

Emperor Claude was in a meeting. Tho it was already ending, Athy was waiting for Claude at the entrance of the meeting room alone like she always did. But this time, she randomly decides to listen in secretly to the meeting.

"Meeting has ended. " Claude spoke.

"Wait! Your Majesty!"

"... I said the meeting has ended. What is it now Alpheus. Whatever you have to say, say it now before my patience reaches it's limit." Claude with a cold tone said.

"I... uh... your majesty, I have something to confess to you."

"..."

"What does your majesty think if I said, he had another daughter residing in the Alpheus Ducal house?"

"... ha! have you really lost your mind, Duke Alpheus? now your only speaking nonesense to me. I don't have time for this."

"What i'm saying is true your majesty!!! Her name is Jennette, born from your first fianceé, Lady Penelope Margaritta!!! "

"I've never done anything with that b*tch. Even if that wench your talking about is my daughter, I won't ever treat her as one. I have only one daughter in this world, and that is Princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia. Just keep her in your house as you please. "

Other nobles stood there frozen.

Athanasia heard all these and in her mind,

"What? This white dog must be talking about Jennette! Hahaha, Claude, treats me as his ONLY daughter but, wouldn't taking Jennette inside the Palace a great opportunity to make her suffer the same as I did in the past? She will never gain 'father's' favor anyways... it's time."

"I will be going now. " Claude with a scary glare.

"WAIT!!! PAPA!!!!!!! " Athanasia barged in the room.
"I HEARD EVERYTHING!!" Athanasia spoke loudly as she was 'crying'.

"Athanasia! W-what are you doing here!?" The surprised Claude took his crying daughter in his arms to comfort her.

"Shh... now, now."

All the nobles, specially Alpheus were so very surprised at how well and gentle Claude treated Athanasia.

"Papa...the girl... the white-haired man was talking about, is she really my sister!?" a crying 9-year-old said to her father.

"No... calm down."

"hic.. hic... I want her... to be taken here in the Palace with us.! "

--To be continued.