Chapter 10: The Debut

𝙰𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙰𝚂𝙸𝙰 (𝙿𝙾𝚅)

Several weeks has passed and today is the day of my debut. Finally, the time has come. I'll probably get tons of deja vu today but, it'll somewhat be different.

"Happy birthday, princess!" I heard Lily shout, right, it's also my birthday. And my mother's death day.

"Good morning Lily, Hannah, and Ces..." I spoke in my morning tone.

Lily was holding a chocolate cake whilst Hannah and Ces were holding a basket fiiled with my favorite sweets.

"You're all grown up now... it's finally the day of your Debut, my highness..." Lily said as she almost shed tears, as well as Ces and Hannah.

"Awww, don't be so dramatic guys... i'm only growing up, but, thank you!! I really love you guys" Yes, I genuinely love them, specially Lily.

Lily made me blow the candles and sang me happy birthday, I miss these days, where it was just me, Lily, Hannah, Ces, and the other maids in the Ruby Palace.

"Your breakfast is already prepared at the trolley your Highness, but you must eat while taking a bath, because we need to get you ready for your special day!" Ces is so excited huh.

After I took a bath and ate breakfast, they made me lay on this bed to put cucumbers in my eyes, and apparently do my "skin care".

After that, they made me sit on the vanity chair, some maids were fixing my hair while some were doing my make-up.

As soon as that's done, finally, I was able to wear my debut gown. To my eyes, well, it's truly pretty and up to my taste.

" OH WAIT, THE TIARA!! GET THE PRINCESS'S TIARA!" I heard Lily shout almost the top of her lungs...

The tiara was put on me, and my final glam has showed.

"Oh my god... " The maids exclaimed. What's so shocking...?

"My princess... you look like a goddess... "
Hannah, why in the world are you tearing up?

"No, SHE IS A GODDESS!!! " You're wrong, Cess...

I looked at myself at the mirror.

Oh.

So... that's why they're so amazed?

Truly... beautiful.

"Your highness?" As I heard a knight's knock, I immediately got out of the blank space in my head.

"Come in."

"Sir Robane is... h-h-huh..?" The knight looked so shocked.

"Is there something wrong? hmm?"

"My...p-princess, you look like a goddess..."

"oh...." I chuckled. "Thank you, I appreciate the complement."

"It's my honor, your Highness! A-anyways, his Majesty the Emperor, Claude De Alger Obelia and Sir Felix Robane is already waiting for you at the entrance hall, that's all, thank you your Highness!"

My smile was about to fade when I heard the name 'Claude', I guess I forgot he's my partner today, guess I forgot he's my father.

"Let's go, father's waiting for me!" I faked a giggle.

Lily assisted me on my way to Claude and Felix.

(ᴄʟᴀᴜᴅᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ)

"Papa!" Someone exclaimed, I know who that is, of course.

I looked at Athanasia's direction...

huh?

I couldn't help but widen my eyes at the sight of my daughter looking like... a goddess? looking like...

Diana.

"A-athanasia..." Did I just stutter?

"Papa! Do I look beautiful?" She said hoping for a good response from me.

"Of course... of course you do."

Today's the day Athanasia's been looking forward to. To be honest, I couldn't care less about this whole ball thing, if were talking about Athanasia's popularity, every single living thing in Obelia already knows who she is, if not, then I will make them know. But since Athanasia wants thia debut, then it shall be held.

ᴀᴛʜᴀɴᴀsɪᴀ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Hehe!" I pretended to chuckle happily when Clause said I looked beautiful.

I was about to say something when a familliar voice suddenly shouted.

"W-wait!!! Sister!!! Y-your majesty!"

Jeannette. What is she doing here? Silly, you're not making an entrance. Just like me, before.
(*flashback*)

"𝐒illy, sister, you aren't makingan entrance, remember?" Was what she said to me back
then, however, might as well not say it.

(*end of flash back*)

"What are you doing here?" Claude spoke coldly to Jeanette, awhile ago he seemed happy, but that just changed.

"U-uh I am gonna make an entrance, right, father?"

"No. You are not, I am yet to deem you as an official royal. So what makes you have the right to " make an entrance "? And I am repeating this again, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫." Claude said while glaring coldly at Jeannette.

"H-huh?" I then saw Jennette's expression saddened, her excitement and happiness slowly faded. How satisfying, am I right?

While behind Claude, I formed a slight smirk and glared at Jennette.

She saw it, I know she became confused. Soon she'll probably lose control of her emotions. It's gonna be... quite a show.

"YOUR MAJESTY! I AM ALSO YOUR DAUGHTER! I HAVE JEWELED EYES LIKE YOU AND ATHANASIA!" She pointed her finger at me, shouting. She shouted right in front of the emperor.

Claude glared at her, remaining calm yet dominant.

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲?"

Jennette's eyes widened with fear, realizing what she had just done.

"fath- y-your majesty.. I-i... I didn't mean to.. I'M SORRY!" Jennette's eyes became teary.

"𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫."

Claude ordered the knights, then they forcefully took Jennette out of the Grand Entrance Hall. Jennette was crying, her eyes filled with fear and sadness.

"Are you alright?" Claude asked, turning back at me.

"Yes, papa. Huh.. but what happened to Jennette? she just shouted..." I acted concerned. Gosh, I really wanna laugh and enjoy myself, but I guess it's not the right time.

"Don't mind her, it's time to make an entrance, Athanasia."

𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝