The Tale of the Cat and the Eagle

A million butterflies in all lengths and forms and coloured in the most nuanced forms of dark violet ran and flew across his body, indulging him in a cocoon of darkness and madness, as his violent mutters became rather outbursts of demonic paroles, his features more and more akin to one of a huge butterfly human chimera.

The sudden surge of power and evident shock sent her flying on her back, where she squinted her eyes and shielded her face, blinded by the eruption of brutality, the rage she was able to taste on her tongue.

It was too late.

She failed.

Then it was over, as he proudly and darkly stood in front of her, embracing his new figure.

Making her scared in apprehension what the future would bargain for her, what she might have to do. 

"Don't let it get to you! I know, you are stronger than him", she muttered under her breath, but her words had no meaning whatsoever, as they both knew it was in fact too late.

"C'mon Kitty Cat, don't you like my new form? I find it rather dazzling"

Her heart beat irregularly, dread numbing her muscles and her brain, so sorry and pitied for him.

"Don't you test my temper, insect boy".

His new suit was of fine silk, wollen around his body, with dark and mauve effronted sequences, a silver mask hiding his face, his skin now entailing the shade of lilac, while gigantic smooth, butterfly-like wings spread from his back.

He was so rawly beautiful, it visibly hurt her sensitive eyes to watch him, yet so viciously wrong, and evil, she wanted to dart away, but she couldn't.
He stole a step to close the gap in between them, making her shiver.

This was not supposed to happen.

"Oh, you've got nothing to say now? What a shame... I bet you are choking on your cat tongue now".

"But you always wanted to be stronger than I am, don't you? Now, now, show your claws in a real combat, where one of us won't hold back".

She tightens her fists, stopping herself and her instincts to accost this gigantic ridiculous butterfly and cut his wings with her claws to pieces.

"If you are as strong as I am, you would be able to resist, Alec. It doesn't matter if something is bad or good, but it does matter if we let other people influence us, manipulate us. And this is exactly what's happening to you. This is not you. It's only him".

She sat on the floor continuously, shuddering with the knowledge of what's expected from her to do now.

He tilted his head in a mocking way, his now completely black and dull eyes staring right in her soul.

"What a moving monologue you just presented to me, Carah. Now I suggest I try out my new cool awesome powers on a small, pathetic puppy in the body of a kitten as a punching bag".

"I'll get you in contact with the animal welfare law".

Two more steps.

His tainted aura hurt her skin.

"Gosh, I forgot how you are all so genius and sarcastic, really. Great job kitten. I bet you think you are quite cool with your claws and fangs and whiskers. But in the end you remain just a stupid fury".

He proposed his index finger to the butterflies soaring over their heads, gently watching the little thing delicately flapping its wings now sitting on his finger.

With a sigh, Carah flipped backwards to land on her feet, depressed, opposing across her greatest enemy she ever faced and had to fight off.

Her own friend.